OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swedish long range handgunconversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swedish long range handgunconversion
    Posted: January/02/2008 at 12:37
Hi

In Sweden we have long range field target shootings for big bore handguns.
There is classes for both optics and open sights.

Here is a gun that a friend and collegue once built for his wife while we where working together as gunsmiths.
The gun is of course fitted with a bomar sight and the barrel is all made in ONE piece and the only thing added to the barrel is the scopemount base and the front sight.
But underlug, rib and front sightbase is in the same piece as the barrel.....
Here is loads of work on this gun, and I thought that there is maybe a few that would like to see something odd and special.
The sightmount is by the way a Recknagel swingmount.

Regards Technika

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2008 at 12:50
nice set up, the scope mount is to much. are you using paper targets or steel knock over of some sort.
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2008 at 12:53
Mostly paper, but sometimes other targets as well.
Normally they shoot from the back positiion with support from their knees, and I did actually never compete in this dicipline as I always have thought there is more adequate guns for those distances.

Regards Technika
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2008 at 13:07
here it is steel up to 200 yds, the position is called the Creedmore, on the back knees togehter , head supported with left hand, mud flap over knees, gun pressed against leg.
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2008 at 13:34
I used to love shooting IHMSA when younger, used a 30/30 Thompson Center with the JD Jones tuning parts. Reloaded 165 sierras with 4895, remember the first time I ran the rams at 200meters. The bullet would hit....than the ram would turn slowly.....and tumble over. The creedmore position can be a very solid rest once you get used to it. Spotter was everything back then, good one would always boost your score.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic