OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

N. American Hntr- TOP 13 whitetail scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N. American Hntr- TOP 13 whitetail scopes
    Posted: November/01/2004 at 15:13

North American Hunter Nov. 2004

BSA Huntsman 3-9x40

Buckridge RBH-3950V 3-9x40

Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40

Cabela's Alaskan Guide Premium 3-9x40

Kahles 3-9x42 American Hunter

Leupold VX-1 3-9x40

Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40

Sightron 3-9x50

Simmons ProHunter 3-9x40

Swarovski 3-9x36

Tasco Pronghorn 3-9x50

Weaver Grand Slam 3-10x40

Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50

What a diversity.  Has anyone used one of Cabela's scopes?

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2004 at 15:23

Glad to see that N.American Hunter is a fine publication that only chose quality products and in no way were they swayed by advertising $$$$$$.  By the way, what in the heck is a Buckridge?

ranburr

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2004 at 15:26
Originally posted by Chris Chris wrote:

What a diversity.  Has anyone used one of Cabela's scopes?

Chris, I have not ever even seen a Cabela's scope.

But, I was curious if they were or still are being made by Celestron.

Anybody???

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2004 at 15:29

im questioning the BSA, and tasco as being a quality product. tasco may have turned there stuff since buchnell bought the name, but BSA is CRAP. i have a cabalas alaskan guide with the rangefinding reticle, the 4.5-14 model, and it is a good scope, repeats well, and the reticle is nicer than the burris IMHO, but its not the clearist scope out there, and all alaskan guide scopes are made by hakko.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Grubbs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2004 at 16:16
What are these....the best selling, best quality in price range or what is the definition of "top" scopes?
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2004 at 16:44

im going to guess the highest selling scope, if they are reffering to highest quality they're some STOOPID A&$'s, so i hope my asumption is right. i really got a laugh when they outdoor magazine have the VXIII, BSA sweet 17, and other scopes a better review then the zeiss diavari, or schmidt & bender!!!! they gave the others better low light reviews, and optical qualtiy reviews. is it just me, or do they need some new people working for them?

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Grubbs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2004 at 10:15
redneck....agreed.
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2004 at 11:38

I think that these are the best advertisers and not the top selling.  I don't believe that the 3-9x50 Conquest sales are anywhere near those of the 3-9x40 Conquest.  Also, as I stated before, what in the heck is a "Buckridge"?  And only one Leupold on the list, coupled with the total absence of Burris.  This looks like a list that you could buy your scope onto.

ranburr

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2004 at 12:48

copletely agree with you ranburr, a burris ought to be on there, becuase not only do they let alot, but they advertise alot, i think nirth american hunter needs to get there stuff strait. and the buck ridge is that scope by horizon, i dont know anyhtign about it, its probably jsut another chinese made POS, but if it was japanese, id buy one just to try it out.

cory

laconiajack View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laconiajack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2004 at 16:41
It would seem the main qualification was to be a 3-9X 40-50 variable power scope. Not one fixed 4X scope among them. Hmmmm?
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2004 at 18:41

jack, i didnt even notice that they were all 3-9's. im also surprised there are no fixed powers on there. i realize 3-9 i the most popular scope power, but i would htink there would be a fixed on there.

cory

arro222 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arro222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2004 at 20:44
This seems like a very small sampling to a very specific question asked by NAH. like: "what is the 3x9 scope on your gun" They may of gotten only 13 answers back so they became the "top" scopes. Buckridge is a cheap scope marketed by Optronics Corp. Its reticles are reminescent of Tasco's scopes which they very well may be. Their order is only alphabetical and so one cannot denote a sequence of criteria as to what is making these "top" scopes

Edited by arro222
mcfly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2004 at 01:13

Chris

I bought a cabela,s  scope 6 years ago and put it on a custom 98 mauser-30-06 and it has worked flawless in any condition.I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Mcfly

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic