OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What changes? From what gunmakers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What changes? From what gunmakers?
    Posted: December/31/2007 at 12:47
Now that `08 is here, what changes would you like to see and from what gunmakers would you like to see them??? Caliber additions? Stock designs? Revolver? Pistol? Designs? Colors? Improvements? Ammo?..........Whatever!!!...........................Along with the double action Super Redhawk, I would like to see Ruger come in with the .454 Casull, 460S&W & 500 in a single action offering!! (The Super Duper Blackhawk?) Like the BFR`s from Magnum Research!!...................................I would like to see Marlin offer their .450 Marlin in a STAINLESS short barreled guide gun!! Only available in blued!............................................I would like to see Howa, Browning and others offer larger bore calibers, in their standard rifles, beyond the 338 Win. Mag., but other than the too common 375 H&H!! In part, that may not be possible due to legal, patent or permission reasons!! But still a thought!.......................................And, I would like to see Pyro behind the counter of a gun store, hypothetically restricted to sell only 270`s!! That would be funny!!!! Knowing he hates the 270, I`d love to hear his sales pitch and watch the facial expressions!!Big%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20Grin  
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 12:50
if it paid me a decent living i would sell .270s till rem told me to quit!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:22
Yeah!!!! For enough money, you could disguise your true feelings!!!! Most people probably could if the bucks were good!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:23
if i got paid to either A.hunt on tv. or B. sell guns and talk to people about guns hunting reloading and scopes i wouldnt know what to do with myself
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:27
i wanna see whats new for remington and i am intrested to see what the new winchesters look like, im sure that they wont really look any different then they did a few years ago.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:29
Also, I would like to see Ruger offer the 460 and the 500 in the DOUBLE action too!!........For strength and reliability, can`t beat a Ruger revolver! 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:30
say what?? you trying to tell me you wouldnt take a smith and wesson??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:34
Well! You can`t make any changes or improvements with anything until after they come out on the market first!...............New Winchester rifles are coming out, but what changes to existing, all ready on the market firearms would everyone like to see?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:37
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

if it paid me a decent living i would sell .270s till rem told me to quit!

So, basically, what you're saying, Pyro, is that you're a whore whose principles are for sale to the highest bidder?Wink

Edited by RifleDude - December/31/2007 at 13:37
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:40
Oh Yeah!.... Sure! I`d take a Smith! I have one!! Great revolver!...................But I can`t see for the money, why they are more expensive than Rugers, especially when Rugers are extremely strong!!......In fact, I`m willing to bet that the Rugers are even little stronger. I would just like to see Ruger offer more of the big stuff in both the single and double actions.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:41
i would sell out for the right price, but at deer camp i wouldnt be able to do it
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:49
OK!!! Back to the subject matter gents!!!!! Changes on existing rifles, revolvers, etc. etc.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 13:53
i would like to see more of the 6.5mm stuff come out
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 14:01
I want an aimpoint or eo that works on aliens and predators.
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 14:01
I  would like to see colt make a decent 1911, a decent revolver and a decent M16...................
I would love to try a Kimber classic, that not was produced on one of the seven mondays that week but a tuesday instead, with a accuracy on 1/2-1MOA.
A Leupold scope that have fixed eyerelief and clearity of a euro scope.

That would be a great start for 08

Regards Technika
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 15:05
USFA is supposed to come out with a 1908 Colt clone.  That I want to see as most of the '08's that I see have been redone too many times or are a bit pricey.  And Pimping one out will not bother my like a classic Colt. Dirty%20Harry

Next is a Mini-Mauser in 6.8 with a medium weight barrel with threaded flashhider and a light stock and optional scout scope mounting. Smoking%20Bandit
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 15:13
LEFT HANDED RIFLES!!!!!  Cencored
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 15:16
lever action left handed ones
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 16:09
I would like to see zeiss add their raincoating to the conquest line of scopes.

I would like to see McMillian start making their stocks soon enough that you aren't too old to hunt by the time it arrives.

I would like to see McMillian edge stocks with a built in color or camo pattern.

I would like to see savage add the 260 back to the lineup.

I would really like to see it stop snowing up here for a while....we got 40" in december.

I would like to see the two Lothar Walther barrels I got coming be hummers for accuracy.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 16:21
more .260 and .264 and i wish somebody would chamber the 6.5stw in a factory rifle!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic