OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Major Bushnell Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30-06man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Major Bushnell Problems
    Posted: December/30/2007 at 16:38
Got home today from hunting and set my deer rifle on the table and somehow it fell and the area around the ocular(not sure if that's the right term) bell hit the floor and after an inspection it is flat on that side and I am afraid that the glass may be damaged and the seals maybe also. Its a new scope and I am wondering if the No Questions Asked Warranty would cover it and get me a new scope? Its the second one I have messed up this month but this one is my fault. Has anyone used that warranty? And do you think I will have to pay for repairs or a replacement or not? The black finish is scraped off some tooSad
Rick

Don't Point and Click... Aim and Fire!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:17
Good question.  I have never had to use any manufacturer's warranty.  I guess I am just lucky.  Leupold is apparently famous for their policy.  Not sure about Bushnell, but it is worth giving it a try.  You may not have any problems, other than some bent metal.  If you are like me, obsessive compulsive and hate seeing that on your rifle, it may annoy you to no end, whether it affected the performance of your scope or not and want it corrected.  Therefore, if it affected the performance of your scope, it may be in your best interest, if it did not, then I am not sure any scope manufacture would do anything about it.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:19
By the way, welcome to the OT.  Can you hunt on Sunday?  I have heard that in SC, that in alot of place you can.  Not in NC, where I live.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:25
Since that was not their fault ( a manufacturing fault) and it  sounds obvious what happened I would doubt if they would fix it without charging you but you can try. It sounds like you would need a new tube for the works, a completed disassembly and reassemble and parts. 
Good Luck
Duce  Shocked
Duce
30-06man View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30-06man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:30

Yeah thats how I feel about it. And yes in South Carolina you can hunt on Sundays on Private land only.  Duce I thought that the warranty was a no questions asked which lead me to think they would not ask and it would be replaced without any problem. Ill call them on Wed when they open.

Thanks

Rick

Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:31
Check the bottom paragraph of the warrenty on their site
Does not cover misuse etc. sorry

Duce
Duce
30-06man View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30-06man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:32

Ohh yeah and I think it should still be dead on or just sightly off because I was using very good Redfeild rings(3ring system). Ill go out and shoot it sometime this week, If its still on I might give it a few more weeks and if it gets worse I will send it back. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:34
 Just send it in with an honest letter explaining that the damage was your fault and ask for a quote to determine how much it will cost to repair it. They may just surprise you, and if not, it isn't as if you totalled your Porsche!
 Decide from there.
30-06man View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30-06man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:39

I didn't see that. Ronk I will do that. I have had good serivce from them and have beat up other Bushnells to no end. Those were all very cheap scopes and they still work. I guess I am just worried about this one because of the money I have tied up in it. If I had a porsche it would be for sale because I would be too worried to drive it.Big%20Smile

Rick

RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 19:09

Again, if you send a polite letter, casually mentioning all the other Bushnell scopes you own, the C.S. guy might be feeling extra generous that day and surprise you with free repair. I wouldn't bet the farm, but you never know!
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 19:19
I sent a bushnell elite back under the no questions asked warranty. It is different in that you can return an elite if you don't like it within one year and they will give you your money spent on it back. It however does not cover damage and the first thing they do is inspect the scope for any damage before giving you a refund. I would be very surprised if they repair it without charge, like Ronk suggested you can try and hope for the best but it will most likely end up costing you.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
30-06man View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30-06man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 19:40
Ohh ok so thats how it works. Thanks Ill do that or give them a call.
Rick

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic