OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Entry level riflescope ($200)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z.j.76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entry level riflescope ($200)
    Posted: December/29/2007 at 16:45
Hi.

I write from Slovakia. Sorry, my english is not too good.

I would like to find an entry level riflescope: magnification 4x - 6x to 10x - 16x, optics diameter 44 to 50, illuminated mil dot reticle, maybe open target turret, price arround $200, for centerfire gun like 7x64, .243Win, .308Win (not airgun). I don't want scope from china.
I know it's hard.
I search for the scopes on ebay, because it's a simply way for me to buy something.

I found brands Besonder (maybe Germany) and Hawke (maybe UK). I found Bushnell too for a low price($80-$100), but all Bushnell are posting from China and I don't know, it's a original or chinesse copy of Bushnell.

Somebody uses Besonder or Hawke scope? Can somebody recommed me an acceptable entry level scope?

Thanks.
Best regards
George
snake_master1967 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snake_master1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2007 at 17:01

Here are a few that you can consider. These were recommended to me not long ago and are close to the amount you requested.  With a limited amount of money it’s going to be hard to find a good scope with illumination.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-7279-185-bushnell-25-10x50-elite-4200-30mm-rifle-scope.aspx

http://www.swfa.com/pc-962-184-bushnell-3-9x50-elite-3200-rifle-scope.aspx

Good luck

The one constant in this ever changing world is……… Change!
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2007 at 17:08
Sightron l - Pentex Gameseeker - Mueller APV - Swift - Millet

All these will probably be in your price range and are sold by SWFA. Swift and sightron are not chinese but you will have to check on the others.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:37

Welcome to the OT.  First, do not take this as offensive.  But, are you really from Slovakia?  Second, a quality IR scope for less than or equal to 200 dollars is difficult to find, that is not made in China.  China makes in general, crap.  But, a few companies who have set up manufacturing facilities their make a quality product.  However, personally, I still like to avoid anything made in China.  They are nothing but a bunch of low life communist creeps, trying to enable their military means through their economic means.  That being said, Mueller makes the best low priced IR or mil-dot scope around for the money, but still made in China.  I would suggest that you change your purchasing priorities to get a better scope that is alot simpler and alot better, that is made in the USA, Europe (which at times I am not sure is better than China from a political standpoint) or Japan.

Edited by Dolphin - December/30/2007 at 17:38
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:40
Welcome to O.T., z.j.76!   The previous posters gave you good advice.  I just want to assure you that your English is far better than that of many of the regulars on this site! 
crimsontide View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsontide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 17:48
Originally posted by Focus Focus wrote:

Sightron l - Pentex Gameseeker - Mueller APV - Swift - Millet

All these will probably be in your price range and are sold by SWFA. Swift and sightron are not chinese but you will have to check on the others.

Focus

Focus,  correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he could get the scope from SWFA since as he says he is not in the USA.  I think SWFA only ships to destinations within the US.
Crimsontide
pell1203 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pell1203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 18:28
Crimsontide,

You are absolutely correct. SWFA, as do most reputable dealers, only ship scopes within the USA as they would be in violation of US Goverment regulations (ITARS, I believe) if they shipped them outside the country. There are a few countries that the regulations do not apply to, but they are very few and I guess that rather than deal with the paperwork, SWFA has probably just decided to play ball within the USA. Slovakia will for sure be a restricted country.

SWFA's shipping restriction is clearly stated in bold text on their "About SWFA" web page. I've linked to it below in case anyone is interested:

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsontide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 18:33
I  thought I had read it somewhere on their site.
Crimsontide
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 19:30
I understand that but they can sure give him the necessary information as to which of the scopes I suggested are not made in China. I just told him they are sold by SWFA and as such they should be able to answer the origin questions concerning the mueller - millet - and pentex. He is already using E-Bay to buy or so his post said. Sorry if that was misunderstood.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsontide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 20:44
Sorry for the misunderstanding.  
Crimsontide
z.j.76 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z.j.76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2008 at 13:21
Hi.

Thank you for your helpful answers. It's hard to decide. Smile
If I found resolution, I write it.

George
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2008 at 13:37
I saw some Winchester rifle scopes with IR at less than 200 dollars at a competitor.  Not sure where they are made, probably China.  Not sure how good they are.  Just thought I would throw that in.
jetwrnch View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetwrnch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2008 at 11:55
Elite 4200 3-9x40 on eBay for around $230.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic