OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tikka rifles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ND_HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tikka rifles
    Posted: October/29/2004 at 16:09
I have read many people on here that have put their new scopes on a new Tikka, i recently heard that Tikka rifles were currently on backorder because last years model was recalled. Is this true? Anyone heard this.
noddah View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2004 at 17:10

Couldn't find any scuttle butt on a recall.

I do not own a Tikka nor a Sako but I am sure impressed with the new Tikka T3 very nice... very well priced and it also comes with the rings.

Shamus View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2004 at 20:50

Originally posted by ND_HUNTER ND_HUNTER wrote:

I have read many people on here that have put their new scopes on a new Tikka, i recently heard that Tikka rifles were currently on backorder because last years model was recalled. Is this true? Anyone heard this.

Vicious rumor methinks... I've got two of them purchased in the last couple of years and I'd know about any recall - I chat pretty regularly with the guys at the local Sportsmans Warehouse about the Tikkas and they never mentioned anything except that they couldn't get them in fast enough. 

EDIT - post edited to eat words... apparently there is a recall in the stainless barrels on the 2004 rifles... no specifics other than that

Edited by Shamus
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2004 at 05:37
I believe there has been a recall on some Sako rifles, no?? Not sure where I saw that at....
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
RedRover View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2004 at 06:01

'cheaptrick' is correct - there have been problems with one lot of Tikka and Sako stainless steel barrels manufactured early this year. (they both come from the same factory)  A bad lot of steel, according to the factory.  The barrel and receiver of a stainless Finnlite in 300 Win split apart in Canada, and a stainless Tikka T3 in 243 WIn did the same in New Zealand.  I have heard that another barrel failed in Finland, but I don't know the details.  About 50 rifles, mostly Tikkas, some Sakos, have been gathered up in New Zealand as a result of the recall.  More details can be found at:

http://www.long-range.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3340   

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2004 at 08:09

I has a stainless Sako M75, in .300 Win. mag. The best "out of the box" hunting rifle I ever shot. No major problems to note.

I hated the Sako Opti Loc rings that "I had to have"...What a joke!!!

Talley, Conetrol, and even Leupold rings were as good or better than the Opti's.

Sorry to hi jack the thread w/ my raving... 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SPAD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2004 at 09:49
  I'm waiting for an e-mail or phone call.  I'm with you other Sako/Tikka owners, I don't want to give mine up.  My 300 WSM Finnlight out shoots my target rifles until the barrel gets too hot.  I know they are e-mailing people that registered their rifles for the warranty.  I wasn't planning on using mine for hunting season this year, but I'm not happy that I cannot shoot it until I hear back from Beretta.

SPAD  .  
SPAD
Shamus View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2004 at 01:06

Phone number to call - 1-800-503-8869

Sounds like if you bought a stainless Sako or Tikka after February of 2004 they advise not to fire...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic