OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Shark Fishing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shark Fishing
    Posted: December/21/2007 at 06:30
I thought we might bring this topic here, and save the Nosler thread from being hijacked.

Flyspy, Man do some marinading for atleast 4 hrs in some Italian dressing, and grill it, OH MAN, fire makes things taste so good. Hey what kind of gear you use?

I use a Penn 14 and Penn stand up 140lb, for shore fishing for Blacktip, and Tigers.
I use a Sea Doo to haul the bait out to the hole, and an Arctic Cat 500 ATV with a winch in case I need it.
My boat rigs are a little bit heavier, since then I can use the fighting chair. 

Oh Don't eat Tiger it's horrible.

Edited by cyborg - December/21/2007 at 06:32
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 07:28

Sound's like a blast cyborg.

I have been wanting to go back after some amberjackFish. I remember they fight like all get out.

Heck I just want to go fishing. Even if it is short pole fishing in a private pond......

I remember we went out of savanna back about 15 years ago. there was 13 of us all my family and some friends. The water was so ruff that the boat's we took was following each other and we would only see them when we was going up and the other boat was coming back down. It was so bad that the captain of one boat wouldn't go out very far at all. We talked out captain into heading out to deep water and when we got out the water settled down. Then a guy who work for my paw paw turned green and feed the fish(if you know what I mean) Good TimesYippee

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 08:11
Yeah man my brothers can't handle the ocean they turn plaid, which is three shades past green, It's hilarious. They get to doing the tummy roll on the gunwales and I just keep on catching fish. Great times!!!!!!!!!!! I hooked into a nice Jack and after 15 minutes I felt nothing I reeled in a head, something bigger was hungry I guess. That kind of thing happens you know BIG fish eat smaller fish, and this was a nice Jack, had to be a real BIG FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 08:16
Hey Bigdaddy Just thought about it in january the Big Great whites start to patrol closer in to the shores out at greys reef they are seen often. Then there's the tripple ledges BIG FISH there Bro.  

Cyborg
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 08:17
yup.been there done that but with red snapper being ate on the way to the boat.we would take 50 buck's each and put in a coffee can and who catches the biggest whole fish win's pot.Man i miss those day's.deep sea fishing was like hunting.If someone called wanting me to go i would call work tell them i'm don't want to work there anymoew and off I would go.that was before kidd's and wife's. from 18 untill i was 24 i would work feb thru middle of october and hunt all season. man i miss the good ol days.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 09:15
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Yeah man my brothers can't handle the ocean they turn plaid, which is three shades past green, It's hilarious. They get to doing the tummy roll on the gunwales and I just keep on catching fish. Great times!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother and I were on a charter boat out in the Gulf of Mexico once and I noticed he was looking rather green, leaning up against the side of the deck railing like he was about to puke.  Like any good brother, I "helped" him out a little by saying "partner, when's the last time you had a hot, steamin' bowl of Wolf brand chili?"  Wink

That did the trick... had my very own shark chummer after that!Excellent
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 09:19
hahaha.yup if they are fighting it back and you just hint at them speewing it's over with.We would always stop by waffle house before a trip.the newbies would get the normal stuff bacon,egg's, greasy stuff.wwe would usually see it again later.A nice lightly suryp, penut butter and a litle butter coated waffle makes the tummy staye settled.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 10:48
AH YES Brotherly love, I can see you'll do anything in the world for yours as I would for mine. Nothing like a little self sacrifice for your Bro's.

Cyborg
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 17:18
Wow, sorry I'm late cy.  I've got a nice 50 VSW on a 100# stand-up with winch cable for a leader.  I usually catch 14-16 ft. lemons (not as tasty as the name might imply) and once I get to the leader, I just get a couple of wraps around the cleat and fire up the twins honda and head for the beach.  Then I just hook it up to my buddy's John Deere and drag it down in front of the westin for all of the tourons (tourist + moron) to see.    
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 17:24
COOL FLY!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta save those Tourons from themselves though and keep em a safe distance. That part I hate.

Cyborg
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 17:30
Well, I wouldn't deprive anyone of a hearty helping of shark nuggets.  No bones = lotsa nuggets.  On the seasick discussion, my little bro throws up his toenails every time we go.  Doesn't keep him out of the boat though.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 17:34
Oh Man!!!!!!!!!!! Not the TOE NAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I tell my Brothers if you feel something HAIRY coming up SWALLOW HARD cause you're turning inside out.

Cyborg
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 17:40
It's hilarious to watch!  I don't even pull off the throttles!  He yaks at 25kts over the side, sea spray and the occassional flyin fish smacking him right in the face!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 17:41
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

AH YES Brotherly love, I can see you'll do anything in the world for yours as I would for mine. Nothing like a little self sacrifice for your Bro's.

Yeah, just the thought of it chokes me up a little.  I almost teared up while typing that little story, thinking of all the sacrifices I'd be willing to make for my brother!  I'm certain my thoughtless gesture touched his heart as well.  In fact, in between his convulsive projectile spray spasms, I was certain I heard a faint little "I.... love....y..o...uu... bro...ther!"
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 17:42
There should really be an emoticon or a pic to show that HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 17:43
TED, You do have a heart of PURE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyborg
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2007 at 18:30
Yeah, my little bro says "I love you" by staying completely motionless and passed out in the back of the boat right until one of the TLDs start screamin.  Then, he's knocking people out of the way to get to the rod... Love, I tell you... Pure love....
CowboyBill View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CowboyBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 11:06
I went out on the boat with cyborg once I doubt that I'll be making that mistake ever again. Six foot swells and he likes to keep that throttle wide assed open. I tossed everything I'd eaten in a MONTH!!!!!!!
A horse may be an outdated mode of transportation, but you don't buy hay by the gallon.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 11:10

Oh yes nothing like the smell of saltwater spray and vomit to make a offshore fishing trip rememberable.

Nothing like a bunch of people turning green about the time the land disappears.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2008 at 11:14
I like to do my part to help out the CHUM LINE.
How else you expect those sharks to know where we are? Besides I was trying to out run the Porpoise. Those things are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic