OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ATTENTION!!!! NOW HEAR THIS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATTENTION!!!! NOW HEAR THIS!!!
    Posted: December/19/2007 at 17:43
LATE BREAKING NEWS YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get%20Your%20Popcorn%20Ready
Break out the popcorn, 'cause it's about to get really entertaining!  For a guy like me who gets a kick outta finding my buddies' hidden weaknesses and exploiting them to the hilt, Santa has visited me early!!!! Christmas%20List
It appears that after all the venom our beloved friend Pyro "O'Connor" has spewed toward the venerable ol' .270 Win Soap%20Box, he just reluctantly revealed to me in a PM that after poring over ballistics tables and available options in new rifle chamberings, he wanted to buy a new rifle so badly that he just purchased a..... YOU GUESSED IT... .270 Win!!!!

Jack O'Connor has a new convert, folks!  He's probably dancing in his grave!

I know you wanted to break this news to the guys gently, Pyro, but Man Code Regulation III, A, 14b, subsection iii clearly states that it's now my duty as your friend to screw with you relentlessly!  To quote Doc Holliday from the movie Tombstone, "it appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds!"  DevilWink
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 17:59
Cencored
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 18:09
Specifically, our newly minted Optics Master Extraordinaire bought the new Remington 700 CDL SF as his launch pad for his new .277" bullets!

LocoLife's just full of new surprises, huh Mr. O'Connor?!!!  ExcellentBig%20Smile
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 18:13
nice choice in any case
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 18:21
strange day though had this ringing in my ears at the gun store -buy weatherby, buy weatherby, woke up staring at the salvation army guy with a bell in his hand
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 18:30
Well to quote a signiture that I see here all the time...."who needs a 270....when a 6.5 is way better"

Good choice Pyro, I'll think of something good and witty to say about the 270....I just can't think of anything right now.....I'm sure something will come to me...

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 18:32
Well gotta go now.  Gonna head outside to get some good pics of the flying pigs, then buy a lottery ticket, and then... maybe my wife got a break from that year-long, massive headache she's been suffering from...Wink
Ted

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 18:35
come on guys everybody is wrong once right??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 19:12

So what happened, Hunter?  You saw "700" stamped on the reciever and believed the guy behind the counter when he told you that meant that it was chambered for the "700 Nitro Express " cartridge, only realizing your mistake when you got home with it?  Stare           Howdy
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 20:46
no i had to order the rifle, and he he gave me a hell of a deal to buy a .270
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Skunk View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 20:53
AH HA misure Fire Starter Broke His Word!
Let me give you my two scents worth
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 21:00
whatever roadkill!Indian
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 21:06
Either way -- Congrats,,,,new toys are cool!!!!! enjoy
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 21:07
i dont know if i will enjoy it, its kinda dumb to have a 270 and a 280 though
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 21:10
Post a pic of your new toy, O'Connor!!!Bandito
Ted

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 21:12
i cant i wont have it till next week, boy am i eating crow or what first a 4200 elite and now a .270win, whats next me drinking miller light?? yuck
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2007 at 22:43
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

He probably gave you a good deal on it because he knows that they're going to be obsolete soon, all because some guy on the internet has devoted his entire life to mercilessly persecuting .270s and those poor ignorant devils who use them.
 Hope you can find ammo for it...Devil
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2007 at 00:41
PYRO!!!!!!!!!!!!................................I THOUGHT you got a 264 WIN!!!!!!!! DID YOU REALLY GET A 270 INSTEAD?...iT LOOKS LIKE THE CHICKENS CAME HOME TO ROOST!!!!....`OL jACK FINALLY GOT YA!!! 
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2007 at 00:48

SIR "pyro" O`Connor!!!!...............Eek

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2007 at 03:14
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

He probably gave you a good deal on it because he knows that they're going to be obsolete soon, all because some guy on the internet has devoted his entire life to mercilessly persecuting .270s and those poor ignorant devils who use them.
 Hope you can find ammo for it...Devil

ROFL!!!!

I CAN believe you went with a .270 Win, Brother.

However.....
I CAN'T believe you shared your confession with Ted, of all people on this forum.......Loco
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic