OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Shepherd scopes, are they for real?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtom66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shepherd scopes, are they for real?
    Posted: December/16/2007 at 19:17

I have a buddy who is excited about Sheperd Scopes.  It seems a friend turned him on to the website telling him they were the best thing since sliced bread.  The claims include:  zero your rifle in one shot, automatic BDC, etc.  It sounds kinda fishy to me.  Anyone have any first hand experience?

I am not looking to buy - I just purchased a Kahles, more just to find out if I can tell him he is full of crap!

Thanks,

Jim
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 19:27
be nice ---and like sliced bread with to much salt, yeast and sugar, , shepards are ffp with a series of ballistic reticle in various sized circles to duplicate the distances. It is very difficult to use the scope on any (for me) power other than the highest as the circles are to small for both distance and milling. Just have him look thru your scope and the shepard at the same time and any questions on quality will become evident.
jtom66 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtom66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 20:10
thanks Dale! 
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 21:39

Preferably at twilight.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 06:05
Thunbs%20Up on DC and Ronk's statements
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 07:16
After he looks I'm guessing he'll want to try some different bread.....

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 10:06
He paid for the gimmicks and not the optics, gimmicks can be a good thing, if done right, I don't like the way that reticle takes up so much of the sight picture. By the way, any rifle can be zeroed pretty quickly, use a good gun rest, that locks the gun in place and shoot three rounds then adjust the cross hairs at the center of the group, or where two bullets are closer together. Then shoot three rounds to confirm. Usually one round will confirm though.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 10:09
another thing about those is that they are set up to work for velocity's so if you wanna put it on another rifle it better shoot that velocity of it will be off
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic