OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tactical scope suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubletap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tactical scope suggestions
    Posted: December/16/2007 at 13:37
Looking for specific tactical scope recommendations for a Barrett M82-A1. All shooting to be within the 200-1000 yard range. Considering Super Sniper & Millett given their value/price.  
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 15:11

SS10x42 and a SS16x42.  Since the price is so good, get both.  Out to 1000 is easily done with a 10x scope, but if you ever have a chance to go out farther you might appreciate the 16x.  However if your limited to one get the 10x.  Better eye relief, and wider FOV. 

Fight Smarter
Not Harder
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 18:47
With the 82 10x is all you'll ever need.  Shot group for that rifle at 1K is something like 72 inches on a decent day with better than milsurp ammunition.
The SS 10x42 is a good choice, recoil won't kill it.
snipeit101 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipeit101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2007 at 18:44

I'm looking at getting the side focus Frontier from hawke optics, runs around 650.  Have you had any experiece with this brand.  Cool

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2007 at 22:18
Originally posted by snipeit101 snipeit101 wrote:

I'm looking at getting the side focus Frontier from hawke optics, runs around 650.  Have you had any experiece with this brand.  Cool

No I have been spared the grief and loss of funds. A better choice in that price range is IOR 6x42 fixed power tactical with MP8 reticle.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 07:08
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Originally posted by snipeit101 snipeit101 wrote:

No I have been spared the grief and loss of funds. A better choice in that price range is IOR 6x42 fixed power tactical with MP8 reticle.

I concur, There are also some others The SuperSniper for instance, and it costs less, with good glass and nearly bullet proof.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic