OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

EOTech 557

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levimoliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EOTech 557
    Posted: December/16/2007 at 12:28
Hey guys,

Thinking about getting the new EOTech 557 for .223.  I know that it is set up for an M4 with 62 gr. ammo.  Here is my question, how closely would the Wolf brand 62 gr. ammo track along with the BDC in the sight?  Would it be close enough for Minute-of-Plate?  Also looking at the 4x magnifier for it.  Any personal use of the scope out there?  Thanks.

-Levi Oliver
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 19:34

I could never get good enough groups with 62 gr. wolf to decide on anything. as far as the 4x my not get a good 1x4????

levimoliver View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levimoliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 22:39
If I could find something I liked that met everything I was looking for I wouldn't hesitate to get a 1-4x.

BDC (not caliber specific preferably)
FFP
Clear glass
Durable
And won't completely kill my wallet

Thanks for the help though sir.  Opened a new line of thinking for me.

-Levi
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2007 at 10:06
your looking at a grand and why ffp in this range (small range, low end variable)??
acetum View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acetum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 18:42
acetum View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acetum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 18:47
has the nightvision already on it, pretty cool...
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 19:32
you can't get a BDC that isn't caliber specific to some degree, its an oxymoron. in this price range NF 1x4, IOR 1.5, Leo 1.5x6 the magnifier on the eo does not give the same image quality at the same power these optics will get you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic