OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tasco 6x44 Tatictal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaBTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tasco 6x44 Tatictal
    Posted: December/16/2007 at 06:09
New to the forum.

Just purchased a used 6x44 Tasco Tatictal and trying to find any adjustment information and history of the scope.  I had never seen this Tasco; range finding rectile, target knobs with stop at each end of the rotation.
Brian
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2007 at 18:11

Is this what you have?
TampaBTW View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaBTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2007 at 18:45
Yes, That's it.

Brian
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 17:09
It was a special build done around the same time frame that the Super Sniper was made for the Navy.  The scope you have was made for the Israel Military.  It has a 26mm tube (not 1" or 30mm).  The reticle is designed to bracket a person from his or her waiste to the top of their head.  If they fit in the one with a 2 above it, they are 200 meters away.  Next is 400, 600, 800 and 10 is 1000.  The lines on the verticle are bullet drop and the horizontal lines are for walking, running targets.  The elevation turret is calibrated for bullet drop as well, the large numbers on top are in hundreds of meters.  IE: 5 = 500 meters.
TampaBTW View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaBTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2007 at 17:54
Thank you for the information.  Very nice scope with good light gathering and clairity.  I'll test at the range this weekend and report .  I'm guessing the ranging is for 7.62x51 (.308), yes?

Brian
TampaBTW View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaBTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2007 at 09:31
Went to the range yesterday to adjust and test the scope.  Nice range here in the Tampa area with up to 1000 yard lanes.  Adjusted the scope to 200 yards and worked throught all the adjustments up to 600 yards with the loads I make for this DPMS LR 308.  Great scope.  There is a "gong" at 585 yards, set the scope to 575 and aimed for the top of the gong.  With a spotter confirming, hit each 7 out of 9 times.

If you come across this scope, buy it.

Manevitch View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manevitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 09:03
If you're talking about the Manatee Gun Club in Myakka, the gong inside the truck tire should be at 565 yards, not 585. The gopher in front of it is at 562, and the 8" and 4" steel plate to the right are at 564.

The bowling pins are on top of the 350 yard berm, IIRC.

Not that I've ever been there or anything...
TampaBTW View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TampaBTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2008 at 05:36
I'm glad you corrected the ranges.  I used my laser range finder and came up with close to those distances, but the guys next to me said I was wrong.

Manatee Gun Club is a great range to test skills and reloads at varying distances, just wish some of the Range Officers would socialize less and watch what's happening on the range more. 
Manevitch View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manevitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2008 at 10:40
Mitt is the best RO they have there, unfortunately he has to spend a lot of time answering people's gun questions and telling the first-timers that they can't run downrange while we're hot just to pin up a new target.

It's a thankless job, I'm sure.
Peter Wells View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Wells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2009 at 09:35
Hi Guys

Any chance of finding another of these scopes? I have been searching locally (South Africa) for one for years now. I need it to complete a build project of one of our 2nd Gen R1 snipers.

Any help in this quest much appreciated.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2009 at 20:53
Even if we could find one we probably could not export it. sorry there are some very still regs.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Wells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 00:58
Thnx for the response, Urimaginaryfrnd. Much as I feared.Excellent
I guess I'll just have to keep searching.
Regards

hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2009 at 19:23
its a nice scope anyone here state side still sales them?
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2009 at 14:35
They were never offered as a line item by tasco, they were sold off sheet as contract over runs.  They have not been offered in close to 20 years, so odds of finding one are slim to none.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2009 at 16:38
Ahhh that sucks
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Wells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2009 at 01:25
Thanks guys. I'll keep trying - I'm sure one will turn up eventually.Loco
MikeMiller View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2009 at 11:45
I just picked up a Swarovski version of this scope. Same everything but Swarovski built. The guy sold it to me for 400.00 USD. Glass is fantastic
Mike
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2009 at 17:55
Mike,

That is a rare scope, what other markings does it have on it?

What reticle?

Chris
MikeMiller View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 09:13
Chris, its marked  "Swarovski Optik"  "ZFM 6x42"  The reticle looks very much like the one on the Tasco above. It has a BDC that adjusts from "1" through "8" and lastly says "Made in Austria"  If this is something you want for your collection give me a call and we can work something out.
Mike
captmoa View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captmoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2012 at 06:44
I know this is an old post, but I have the Tasco 6x44 being discussed here. Just got it back from being maintained. Is it calibrated for 7.64x51? The chooses I have are 7.62x51, 7.62x39, 223.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic