OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x50
    Posted: October/27/2004 at 14:19
I was wanting to know what yall think about a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x50.  It would be going on a SIG .270.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2004 at 15:10
Good scope. I prefer the 44mm objective version though.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Matthew View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2004 at 19:48

whats the big difference between the 44mm and the 50 mm]

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2004 at 20:04

Depending on your rifle/rings/bases, you have have use higher rings than you would using a 44mm scope. Then again, maybe not.

Not sure why Zeiss went to a 50mm objective lens. I always prefer 40ishmm objectives.

If you like the scope, get it. It's super........ 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2004 at 22:04

I am pretty sure that you would have to use higher rings and it adds unneeded bulk and weight to the scope.

ranburr

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 09:50

ditto to cheaptrick, and ranburr, save some money, bulk, and weight, and go with the 44mm.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 09:57
I would go with the 44mm version for all of the reasons already stated. Plus you can save yourself 70 bucks or so in the process. I, like Ranburr has stated in the past, like scope objectives in the 40-44mm range. Remember that it is the quality of the lens and their coatings that have the greatest influence on a scopes brightness. Don't get all lathered up by the 50mm hype that you hear from a lot of gun shop dinks and well intentioned folks and friends.
tbone1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbone1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2004 at 19:45
I agree, I like a 40-44 the best.  I don't believe the 50mm would add anything except weight and bulk to the rifle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic