OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Bushnell Elite 6500 for 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UPSguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2008 at 11:17
I was just pointing out the Bushnell's add copy was not correct as IOR has a scope with a 7x range.  Yes it is big and yes it is heavy and would make a great hammer in a pinch.  But for a rifle like a TRG-22 that is going to be taken to the range in a Pelican 1750 and shot of a bipod exclusively I don't think those two items are a problem.

for the price range they do have the widest magnification range and if I understand the posts here the glass is pretty decent?
The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.
Blueboy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2008 at 11:25
Chris,
May 19, Bushnell 6500 under Rifle Scopes, is one I will see if I can find the other, I have purchased 2- Zeiss, 1-Kahles and 1 team primos from you and am interested in the 6500, but not if it is having problems. See what you can find out and post it.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2008 at 11:40
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2008 at 11:22
 Everytime I buy a scope .... or decide to get another one .... someone comes out with a new better one ..... I'm getting a headache ..... nope that ain't no headache ... it's on the wrong end of my body .... LOL
  Can't wait for the wise cracks on that reply .....

Edited by mercenary1947 - May/25/2008 at 11:25
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
dougedwards View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougedwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 10:22
 Just wanted to point out that my focusing problem with the Bushnell 6500 had to do with  a misunderstanding of how the side parallax worked.  I have never had the experience of using one of these as all of my hunting scopes are of low power.  Thanks to the help of this forum in particularly Ilya I have resolved my problem.  This scope won't be going back......Doug
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the spirit of Christ dwells within you...Romans 8
drubie22 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drubie22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 01:11
LDHunter,
You seem to know a lot about Bushnells and the Elite 6500.  You have sold me on getting one but I have one dilemma... what size objective?  I am going with the 2.5-16x but I'm torn on the objective diameter.  I have saved up enough money for either so the price difference isn't an issue.  What are your thoughts?  Or anybody's thoughts for that matter?

Oh this is going to go on a .223 Bushmaster Predator that I will use mostly at the range but may take it varmint/predator hunting in Montana from time to time.  Is there a significant difference between the two? Or is it negligible?
JTD0314 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTD0314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2009 at 10:22
Any updates on the 6500?
Kanju View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2009 at 05:43

We are taking back orders now and will ship in the order we received them.  No one will get them before we do and no one will be able to beat our price due to our 110% Low Price Guarantee.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like a best buy to me! ( wish I had taken proper advantage )
Oreo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oreo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2009 at 00:31
I got mine brand-new for about $625 on ebay.  Haven't seen any retailers offering them at that price yet.

Got mine mounted on my AR waiting for it's first trip to the range.  First impression of the 6500 2.5-16x50 is excellent though. (Not that I'm any kind of an expert.)
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2009 at 08:03
There definitely are some bargains to be found on Ebay.
I still prefer to spend my money with folks that I know I can trust. These guys here will go to bat for you, when you have a problem with the purchase. Piss poor chance of that from Ebay dealers. Unless it is something that comes from SWFA via Ebay auction.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic