OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Another AR15 Scope question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melrose68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another AR15 Scope question.
    Posted: December/09/2007 at 22:05
Hello all, new to the forum.

Ive been browsing, searching and educating myself and frankly I am almost more confused than before.

I am going to buy a new bushmaster varmint rifle (AR15) and have been looking at a few different scopes.

The store I was at pulled at a Swaroski (sp?) scope, it was about 2k.

I anticipate I will be doing some low light, evening hunting, mostly coyotes and pigs, as well as day.

I see that the bushnell 4200 is highly recommended and I am thinking about the trijicon as well.

Id spend 2k on a scope if it really made all the difference in the world, but I am new to hunting and dont know that I need all that.

Most of my shots will be within 300 yards, but I wouldnt mind hitting something at 400, just to say I did.

Any thoughts for me and my new rifle?

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2007 at 22:18
I take it your ar15 shoots .223 and your planning on using it for coyotes, no problem, but for pigs too?

Edited by mike650 - December/09/2007 at 22:20
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2007 at 22:18
4200 is a good choice as well as the vxIII and nikon monarch, all three have features different than the others. , Personally I'm a whats in the saddle guy and turret and cross hairs are the most important. If your going 2k however get the 6x24 divari zeiss with the varmit reticle.
bushy 6.4x29 vxlll
winny with 6.5x20 monarch
bushy with 6.5x20 MK4
melrose68 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melrose68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2007 at 22:30
thanks dale. Mike, I know .223 isnt preferred for pigs, but thought a good head shot would do the trick.
TheDrakeTaker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDrakeTaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 08:29
you better hit behind the ear on those pigs.
Robert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic