OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

1.5-6x42 Illuminated Scopes...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.5-6x42 Illuminated Scopes...
    Posted: October/26/2004 at 19:13

Has anybody had a look at the Kahles CSX Illuminated, and/or the Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6x42 Scopes? The CSX "looks" on paper to be the more advanced scope, and the features and ergonomics appear to be better thought out then the Swarovski Pro Hunter with the large top turret. However, the regular Kahles 1.5-6 that I looked through last year did not seem too incredibly bright. Anybody have first hand experience w/any of these?

Also, the Kahles says this in their literature: "This new reticle, like all reticles available for the CSX scope line, is ideally situated in the second image focal plane, which allows the posts and wires to remain the same size at all magnifications.", as if this is a competitive advantage. Do any of the premium brands do differently?

Thanks!

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2004 at 19:47

I had a S&B 3-12x42mm, with a L7 lit reticle. It was the cat's a$$!!! My scope was a front focal plane reticle though. The reticle "grew" when the power was turned up or down. Doesnt actually grow, but it appears too.

The S&B would be my choice hands down!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2004 at 14:16

The Kahles CSX is by far the most advanced illuminated reticle scope in the world.  No other scope has these features.

• Digital dimming technology for daylight & twilight
  • 3rd Turret illumination with spare battery compartment
  • 30mm riflescopes with non-magnifying reticles
  • Red ring indicator when turned ON
  • Memory capabilities in stand-by mode
  • Fast noiseless activation with ONE EASY CLICK
  • Multi-functional control unit located conveniently on the left side of the riflescope
  • Mechanical safety to prevent unintentional operation
  • Highest possible light transmission with the unsurpassed KAHLES proprietary AMV- multi-coatings
  • Lightweight & rugged
  • Industry's widest FIELD-OF-VIEW and outstanding edge-to-edge clarity allow shooting with both eyes open. Safe eye relief 3.55" (9 cm)
  • Highest quality materials built to the industry's tightest tolerances
  • Nitrogen purged, Waterproof submersible
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty*

They shocked the world with this technology and they are currently the only company in the world to illuminate the reticle in this fashion.  Most scopes use a mirror projection system to illuminate the reticle which causes a 10-15% light loss in the scopes performance.  Projected reticles can only be seen if they are turned on.  Kahles illuminates the reticle by shining 4 LED's into the reticle from the side.  The reticle pattern is etched onto the lens and lights up when the scope is on and appears black when the scope is off.  They can make any reticle pattern they want as opposed to just a dot or a plus sign.

BIGWHITE View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGWHITE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2004 at 09:21

So Chris, is there a website you can suggest to take a look at these scopes.  They sound great and I am curious about price.

Thanks Bigwhite

Also, I notice under my Handle(user name), that I am a Grasshoper.  Is this to suggest that I am new, and just starting out on this forum as a young grasshoper 

Edited by BIGWHITE
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 13:15

BIGWHITE GRASSHOPPER,

You can go to RifleScopes.com (I have heard that they stock almost every scope made).

BIGWHITE View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGWHITE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2004 at 01:11

Thanks Chris,  I  got the humor in that one.

Have a good one eh.

Bigwhite

kokdyer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kokdyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2004 at 06:54
Yeah but can you get that CSX in a rail mount????????????
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2004 at 10:08
Not over here (USA).
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2004 at 10:21
i think you can get S&B rail mounted scopes over here
i'll have to break from chris here and recommend the S&B 1.5-6x42 zenith flashdot

Edited by SAKO75
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2004 at 17:37
I think any of the big 4 can special order a rail mount scope if you just gotta have one, might take a while and be non returnable and non refundable though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic