OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

see through mounts for cz 550 lux?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwighet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: see through mounts for cz 550 lux?
    Posted: December/09/2007 at 17:17
Hi there.

Does anyone out there know if it is possiable to get a set of quality see through mounts for a s&b 3-12x50 to go onto a cz 550 lux 6.5x55?

Thanks
Dwight
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2007 at 19:03

You're in luck- Nobody makes one!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, that is almost always a bad setup. Bulky, way too high to get any kind of a cheekweld when shooting, and prone to misalignment with very minor abuse. There are much better solutions to whatever problems you are trying to solve with such a setup.

Edited by RONK - December/09/2007 at 19:05
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2007 at 22:15
Where is the eating pop corn icon when I need it? It's to soon to use the flame thrower. 

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

dwighet View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwighet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 00:19
was just wondering,
 thats all....

Thanks
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 05:21
Ronk is right, I really do not know if anybody makes one that would fit, but the idea of putting see through mounts on that rifle with that scope is a bad idea.  I have only one rifle with see through scopes and that is a Marlin 336 30-30 with a fixed 4x Burris scope that is used a brush gun and if I can get an open shot at 100 to 200 yards, I have the scope, otherwise the iron sight are used in the brush.  Some people do not like the idea of that set-up, but it is classic as the mounts are low profile and the objective on the scope is, if I remember correctly, 28 mm. at most.

Edited by Dolphin - December/10/2007 at 05:21
dwighet View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwighet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 05:43
Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

Ronk is right, I really do not know if anybody makes one that would fit, but the idea of putting see through mounts on that rifle with that scope is a bad idea.  I have only one rifle with see through scopes and that is a Marlin 336 30-30 with a fixed 4x Burris scope that is used a brush gun and if I can get an open shot at 100 to 200 yards, I have the scope, otherwise the iron sight are used in the brush.  Some people do not like the idea of that set-up, but it is classic as the mounts are low profile and the objective on the scope is, if I remember correctly, 28 mm. at most.

I get ya drift. was just a querie. Im new to this.

vgmhunor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vgmhunor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 05:53
Ken Farrel makes Picatinny adaptor for CZ. With quick release rings you can alternate between scope and red dot or low mag. scope. It may even be low enough to use the open sight.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 13:34
Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

No problem, I did not mean to be too offensive, if it sounded that way.  Just friendly advice.  By the way, welcome to the OT.  I think you will find some of the most knowledgeable and honest people anywhere around regarding optics, firearms and reloading, as well as multiple other aspects of firearms.  Most everybody is very cordial and only every now and then does it heat up.  Seems like each person has their niche regarding knowledge of a certain area pertaining to firearms and optics.  So please feel free to ask any questions, no matter how silly you think they are.  You have to start somewhere.
dwighet View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwighet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 16:09
Thanks for the welcome.

There was no offence taken at all.
there is one question i have for you.
I need some good quality mounts for my cz 550. Im not concerned about price. I want good gear on my rifle as i beleive you get what you pay for.
The  scope is a s&b 3-12 x 50, 30mm tube.
Any advice on a good set would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dwight
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 16:25
This will be my opinion and maybe not shared by others......I use and recommend the burris signiture zee rings. They are steel with nylon inserts that grasp the scope in a slip free hold that doesn't scratch or mar the scope tube. The inserts also come in off-sets if you need to move the reticle too far off center for sight alignment. They can be used to adjust for holes drilled off on recievers or for added elevation for long distance shooting. I don't use them on huge hard recoiling magnums so will leave that recommendation for others. Just good looking, non slipping, adjustable, and non scope marking rings.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
dwighet View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwighet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 16:59
Originally posted by Focus Focus wrote:

This will be my opinion and maybe not shared by others......I use and recommend the burris signiture zee rings. They are steel with nylon inserts that grasp the scope in a slip free hold that doesn't scratch or mar the scope tube. The inserts also come in off-sets if you need to move the reticle too far off center for sight alignment. They can be used to adjust for holes drilled off on recievers or for added elevation for long distance shooting. I don't use them on huge hard recoiling magnums so will leave that recommendation for others. Just good looking, non slipping, adjustable, and non scope marking rings.

Focus
They sound like what im looking for. thanks a million
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 17:01
They fit any weaver/warne style base.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 17:12
CZ makes a picatinney rail for the 550 I have one on my CZ 550, it does raise the scope up higher than usual. I got mine from CZ USA

DuceYippee
Duce
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 17:30
It seems that you can get a Picatinny type rail for that rifle, according to the knowledgable fellows who responded so far. This is a good choice with the lowest rings that will provide clearance between your scope and barrel. (Probably Mediums?). It will allow you to swap out optics quickly should you need to. Many different brands of rings will mount on such a rail, as long as you specify the Weaver/ Picatinny style when ordering them..
dwighet View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwighet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 17:45
Now were talking.Options. I like Options.
I like the idea of the burris zee rings. But would they fit the cz550?

Thanks again.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 17:50
If you use the rail they will.

DuceSmile
Duce
dwighet View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwighet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 17:58
Originally posted by Duce Duce wrote:

If you use the rail they will.

DuceSmile

Did you get yours from czusa.

Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 18:03
Yes I ordered direct from them

Duce Smile
Duce
dwighet View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwighet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 18:06
Nice one.Thanks so much for your help.
Im in Ireland .I hope they ship international.

Thanks again
Dwight
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 18:45
 Make sure to specify the "ZEE" style if you go with Burris Signature Rings and the Picatinny base. I love the Burris Signature system too, for the reasons Focus mentioned and more, BUT... I don't think the offset or eccentric inserts are made in 30mm. This may be because most scopes with 30mm. tubes have more internal adjustment than 1 inch tubes, but I wish they would make them available regardless.
 The other thing that I don't like about Burris's ZEE rings is that you have to disassemble the screw which holds the ring to the base and then slide the rings off lengthwise to remove the scope from the rifle. It is slow and awkward in comparison to the Weaver rings, which only require loosening the screw to tip off the scope sideways. Still works great, but you should be aware of that before you order.
I'm sure I'm confusing you further, so keep asking questions if you have more!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic