OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My favorite scope..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My favorite scope..
    Posted: October/26/2004 at 16:58

Here's a pic of my all time favorite scope.

USO SN-3, 3.2-17x44mm.

I have it mounted in Badger Ord. rings/rail on a stock Rem. VS .308.

The rifle and scope both are "high speed and low drag".

Meaning that they require very little in the way of maintenance.

Thanks for letting me post it and tell you about it...... More pics to follow...

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2004 at 17:16
One-Eyed Jack View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One-Eyed Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 13:47
Mine too! Once you get past the "Hubble Telescope" size of it, you are quickly impressed by the optics, ruggedness and build quality. With the rings, your scope weighs over 3 pounds!

What's that thing underneath the scope (not the red benchrest)?
Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 13:55
your a cheater with that velcro harness in addition to your bench rest =]

Edited by Manuel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 14:22

The red thing is one piece rest. It's made by National Rifle Support. I've had it a couple of years, and like it. It can be clamped to the shooting bench and is nice when shooting magnum rifles. ie no recoil..

Manuel,

The velcro strap just keeps the barrel from whipping, and doesnt actually strap the rifle down. The strap is fairly loose, and I don't allow it to squeeze the barrel. I only use this setup for sight in proceedures and load development. It takes out "shooter error"....

Edited by cheaptrick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 14:43

Sorry Jack, you mean what's the thing in the first pic?? That's my bolt.. You probably dont recognize a rifle with the bolt installed on the "right" or left in this case side!! LOL 

The picture was taken from the top of the rifle...I'm....special.....

Edited by cheaptrick
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One-Eyed Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 17:05
No, it's a rifle! Just my way of joking about the size of a USO. "Nice scope, but what's that thing underneath it..." Yuk. Yuk. Yu....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 17:14

Originally posted by One-Eyed Jack One-Eyed Jack wrote:

No, it's a rifle! Just my way of joking about the size of a USO. "Nice scope, but what's that thing underneath it..." Yuk. Yuk. Yu....

Roger...I missed the funny!! LOL

I see your a USO fan as well..  The Dark Side Of The Force!!!!!!

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One-Eyed Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 17:20
Yep, I have an SN-3 like yours (w/lit MOA #1 reticle).  I'm waiting for an 17x58mm ST-10 via FedEx now - should be here in less than 2 hours - and have another SN-3 on order. 

Is your rifle a Remington "R-5"?

Edited by One-Eyed Jack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 17:25

I went with the MOA reticle too. I love it.. Mines not lit though.

I think the ST-10 is the best kept secret in shooting. What a great scope!!

I'm not sure why more folks don't get on that scope. It's actually the best buy in all of shooting..IMO

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One-Eyed Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2004 at 17:46
I thought it was a bargain too, and went for the 58-mm ERGO ("AO") objective to find out whether it's any nicer optically. It will have a slightly larger exit pupil. An objective that large is hard to mount and I've got ultra-high Badger rings coming for it. I just figured out that it's too big to fit on my Blaser R93T (LRS-1 and 2) though. The Blaser uses a special saddle mount made by them. I would have to do some machine work on the saddle to get it to fit. The good news is that the second SN-3 will work in the Blaser mount (its 30-mm tube and 44-mm objective are not too large).

Both of my SN-3s are 3.8-22x58/44mm (58mm lens reground to 44mm) versions. I like the higher magnification.

Edited by One-Eyed Jack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2004 at 03:24

Originally posted by One-Eyed Jack One-Eyed Jack wrote:

Is your rifle a Remington "R-5"?

Negative, just a plain 'ol Rem. VS, that will shoot 100 yards in the 3's....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic