OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Moisture droplets inside Burris Sig Select

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moisture droplets inside Burris Sig Select
    Posted: December/06/2007 at 14:34
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Burris Signature Select 4x16 scope. It is mounted on a Winchester Coyote Lite in .22-250. The first three shots fired were good. After that, the scope got really hazy. I sent the scope back to Burris and they said that a lens had fallen out of place or something of that nature. About a month later I finally got my scope back. All was good until I noticed that starting at 4 power and going to 8 power, there is a black speck of something and also 3 small water droplets next to it. After 8 power it goes away. Not that it really affects the way I shoot, but it just upsets me that I paid $500 for the scope, had it fixed once, and there is still a problem. I really dont want to send it in again and wait a month to get it back. Snow is on the ground and its time to call coyotes. I think that Burris's policy is that if the scope is fixable, they will fix it and send it back instead of sending out a new scope. I am starting to wonder if I shouldnt have bought the Bushnell Elite 4200 in the first place. What should I do, send it back to get fixed yet again or sell it as is?
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 14:47
It would be kinda hard to sell with the specs on the lens I would guess, I'd wait till you're done coyote hunting and send it back again. Maybe this time they will repair it right and you can either keep it or sell it at that point. You payed too much to have a blemed scope that isn't your fault.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 14:24
CoolFroThat's a real shame,I own a Redfield Ultimate Uliminator which has the tiny spects inside however not the moisture or bluryness .This sounds like your scope was't sealed properly,just send it back and hope it's returned fixed.The one month is a good turn around Elite's are a one year replacement waranty after that you get it repaired.Burris has decent CS,this time around do speak to CS so they recheck it before sending it back to you.Just so you know Nikon Monarch Gold is a better scope and the 4200 Elite is just as good,Sightron SII Big Sky very bright and the warany is the best in the business lifetime replacement.Nikon CS is really bad Elite is decent.Right know if you decide to sell it buy any of the other scopes mentioned.     
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 15:02
Heres the scoop on some recent repair situations. Bought a new 3200 elite scope that wouldn't correct for parallax at any point in the adjustment range. Called them to get a new one to replace it, was told the one year no questions asked was for your money back not a new replacement if you have scope problems. It was a 12 week estimate for them to repair my newly purchased scope and return. I opted for my money back....that took six weeks.

Got a zeiss conquest scope that after about seven years and many thousands of rounds fired began to develop some parallax, got two others that are rock solid but this one groups began to open some and you could see about an inch of crosshair movement at 100yds. I sent it in to zeiss in virgina, after a week I called to check on it. Was told yes it had some parallax and would have to be sent to New York where they are made to be repaired. How long I asked? Another week to be sent and eight weeks at the factory. Was told to wait at least two months before calling and checking again.

Just was told an interesting leupold story, scope develped a yellowish tint to the lens coatings and was sent in for repair. Was returned after three weeks exactly like it had been sent in, after a call and much complaining was told to send back in again. Several weeks and still being "repaired".....again.

Seems the days of fast and prompt scope service is getting to be a thing of the past. Either so many scopes being returned for repair or adjustments that the companies are overwhelmed or turnaround has just slowed to a crawl at least in my examples.

Oh yeah and sightrons unconditional scope replacement if defective warranty is now changed according to the warranty you recieve with your new scope.......it states that they will repair or replace at their discretion. I had a big sky in that early run of focus issue scopes and they wanted to repair not replace it.

Focus

Edited by Focus - December/10/2007 at 15:07
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2007 at 15:06
maybe i should take my monarch off my 673 guide rifle and put the rib, front blade and rear sight back on then if i miss its all my fault. i hate to hear about anybody's scope having a problem 2 months for nothing would have me pissed off
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic