OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Ford to recall 1.2 million trucks, SUVs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford to recall 1.2 million trucks, SUVs
    Posted: December/06/2007 at 10:50
This is for those like myself who have a Ford with a 7.3 PSD motor. I've heard of a lot of failure with this component and Ford is finally trying to make it right.

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Ford Motor Co. will recall nearly 1.2 million heavy-duty trucks and SUVs equipped with a faulty sensor that could cause the engine to stall, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The recall will cover Ford F-450 Super Duty trucks, Excursion SUVs and E-Series vans from model years 1997 through 2003. These vehicles are powered by a 7.3 liter diesel engine.
Ford said in a letter posted on the government agency's Web site that the camshaft-sensor circuit in these vehicles can degrade over time, potentially leading to engine failure.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ford-recall-12-million-trucks/story.aspx?guid={C67FF989-9754-4093-8F3E-6988065EEF6F}&siteid=yahoomy
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 11:01
Wow!!

My 2 Ford Power Strokes were awesome, Mike. I had a 97 and a 2000 Lariat, both purchased brand new. 
Best trucks I ever owned.

Thanks for sharing this though.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 11:08
No problem!!

Yeah, Ford guy here, I have a 2002 X with no problems that I plan on keeping many years. Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 11:11
Oh tahqua...oh taqua....Smile
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 11:27
Oh... and I'm a big Rem700 fan too!!! Big%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 11:48
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Oh... and I'm a big Rem700 fan too!!! Big%20smile

Wink
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 11:58
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Oh tahqua...oh taqua....Smile

Cry

http://fordpowerstrokeforums.com/ Check out the technical training videos on the right.

Just like scopes, sometimes there are mistakes. Unfortunately the scale is much larger in this case. Sure in the heck isn't mold in the scopes, for shear numbersWink.

M700Thumbs%20Up

Edited by tahqua - December/06/2007 at 12:30
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 18:07
my boss has a 7.3 and he wouldnt trade it for the world she's pushing 300000 now and we havent had anything but good luck with it.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic