OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The New IOR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New IOR
    Posted: December/04/2007 at 06:50
Having gone to the gun show this past weekend, and consequently looking at several scopes, The newest IOR being one of them, I really like this new offering, the elevation knob is great, The optics appear to be exactly what we've come to expect from IOR, If I'd had the moolah, atleast one of them woulda gone home with me. for some reason the scope feels even better than the one that I had, The clicks feel better than I remember. It left me drooling, and a burning sensation in my back pocket. The illumination appeared to be better as well.
Perhaps Chris can further elaborate, as I am going off of a comparison that is based on memory.  
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
bigant View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 13:11
Maybe a little more info on this new scope!  Power, Size....

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 13:19
I looked through a myriad of IOR's the 6-24x50, the 4-14x50, some of their hunters, all are nice. The new knobs on the IOR tactical 6-24x50 were what I was referring to Sorry about the lack of info there. mine was the older style knobs.  

Cyborg
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 20:20
The gun shows here just have junk optics.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
bigant View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 22:43
I believe those knobs will be used on all of the optics now...I also know that IOR is waiting on a permit to import more optics. So BS, dont know what its called. 

anthony
stickman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 09:06
I am considering the IOR 6-25X50mm. What do you think about the scope?
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 11:38
I happen to like the IOR offerings they are very nice scopes, Not quite the NF, or the USO, but hey they don't cost like that either. If you can afford the IOR buy the IOR. well worth it. That is of course MHO. 

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 12:13
Hey stickman WELCOME.

Cyborg
stickman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 12:25
Thanks for the info. I just got a new M700 5-R mil-spec and was looking at the different tactical scopes.  Leupold, NF, IOR, etc. Just trying to make up my mind.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 12:42
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

The gun shows here just have junk optics.
I've noticed a trend in the junk scope market as well, ATN, NCSTAR,and some other crap were being peddled right there with Trijicon, IOR, Leupold, NF, and Zeiss. Guess which ones were selling.
Stickman, I am sure you plan to put some gret glass on that stick. IOR will certainly fit the bill.

Cyborg
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 12:52
Originally posted by stickman stickman wrote:

Thanks for the info. I just got a new M700 5-R mil-spec and was looking at the different tactical scopes.  Leupold, NF, IOR, etc. Just trying to make up my mind.

Welcome to The OT!!

Could you tell us a little more about the type of shooting you plan on doing??

Lucky you!
That Remington "five er" should be a real shooter for you.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 15:06
I've got a 5R and it is by far the best rifle I've owned thus far.  I put a 3.5-10X40 Mark 4 with the M3 knobs.  A lot of other guys prefer the M1 knobs, but for a quick target solution, they are pretty awesome, imho.   That scope and that rifle go together like peanut better and jelly. 
stickman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 19:52
I will just target shoot out to 500 yards or so, maybe deer hunt a bean field. I have been considering the IOR 6-24x50. I keep hearing positives on these scopes.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 14:22
I have a 6-24x-50 with the new knobs and it is pretty sweet.  I put it on my FN SPR 300wsm.  It was a prefect match for that rifle.  Glass is as good as I have seen out of an IOR and the new knobs to me feel a little mushier than the old knobs but they are sure and audible.  It is also very repeatable.  The biggerst down side in you only get 9 MOA per revolution.  The new metric 3-18x and the new 4-14x with a 40mm tube have big knobs with 25 MOA per revolution.  So something else to consider.  They also have put a new eye piece on the 6-24x , it is a great scope.  If you plan on reaching 1000 yards with a .308 you will need a 30 MOA base though, it does not have quite as much elevation as the 3-18x.
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 17:17
Thats a pretty unique avatar you got there supertool.....

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2008 at 17:42
I just spun my mouse wheel down the list in my options and that is what it landed on.Big%20Smile
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic