OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles news - anyone hear more?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 15:04
Originally posted by Focus Focus wrote:

Quote a very nice scope with an absolutely divorce-inducing price tag.

Shhh!!  Wink

Edited by mike650 - December/08/2007 at 15:10
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 15:08
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Originally posted by bigant bigant wrote:

I'd be very surprised if there is anything out there that can make Swarovski drop their prices.  Either way, I really like Swarovski binoculars, but with scopes I am likely to go with Kahles.  The only Swaro scope that is truly of interest to me is a Z6 1-6x24.

ILya

So why would you lean towards a Kahles Scope?  Does current pricing have anything to do with it? Or do you feel like the Kahles is on par with Swarovski?

Thanks,

Yea, those Z6's can be something that induce a divorceOuch, but I have been told that a LE/Mil Discount is pretty substantial.

Anthony

Current pricing is a part of it, but aside from that, I think Kahles scopes are not at all inferior to Swaro. 

ILya

Inferior would be too harsh a word!!  Smile I would say they are extremely  close and if one is on a budget the Kahles would be first choice.

Edited by mike650 - December/08/2007 at 15:09
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Wally View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 16:23

Originally posted by Wally Wally wrote:

Now come one ILya!  You've been married long enough to know how this works.  You go buy the wife a $1900 piece of furniture, jewelry, or something she likes. 

Then you say "Honey, I sure need this scope......"  So the scope costs you $3800, and no divorce.  Just slap it on plastic.  It's the holiday season, and you're doing your part to support the economy!  Wink

Steve

Does not work this way with my wife.  She is too smart for that.

ILya

Yeah, mine is too.  But it's still fun to try!  Big%20Grin

Sometimes if I figure out what she REALLY wants, I can almost pull it off!
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 16:37
what's this I hear about a LE/Mil discount and how does one get it???
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 16:41
probably ask chrisfarris
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
bigant View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 20:43

You have to contact Swarovski direct...Since I gave you the heads up how about a hook upBig%20Smile I have the email address of the person to contact...PM me and I'll give it to you.

Send a copy of your ID or Letter Head and tell them what its going to be used for.

Anthony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic