OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles news - anyone hear more?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 07:43
I would not worry about service. I can only assume that Kahles will handle all the work once the split is complete. If there is extra shipping time involved I believe it won't be of much concern.
On ther other hand, I bought a pair of Zeiss binoculars while in Munich twenty five years ago. I have been told I can't  deal with Zeiss N.A., which makes sense. I'll have to deal with Zeiss Germany for repairs. I am a little concerned but hopefully I won't have to find out.
Cuz-Pat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuz-Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 08:56
I called the toll free number yesterday on the Kahles web-site and talked to a customer service rep (CSR). This is what I was told by that CSR:

Kahles has sold off all their current inventory at discounted prices to some of their authorized dealers. Some of these dealers are now selling these scopes at discounted prices. Many of these dealers purchased brand new, in the box, scopes that are now in their dealer inventories. Kahles full warranty is still in effect and the CSR told me that they still will be serviced and all warranty work done through Swarovski USA, at this time. I was told that nothing had changed concerning their warranty and service work.

After asking what was going on with Kahles I was told that #1 they are changing marketing stratagies and #2 they are coming out with a whole new line up of Rifle Scopes. I also was told that this new line up of scopes would not be out on the market until probably late 2008. I am not going to wait that long to make a scope purchase.

I have been seriously considering purchasing a new Kahles Helia C in 3x12x56mm to go on my new Weatherby "Rifle of the Year 2006" in Wby. 300 Magnum caliber.

After reading some about what was happening at Kahles I was concerned about purchasing one of their scopes thus the reason for me making the call yesterday to them. I feel MUCh better after talking with the CSR and I think I will move forward with the Kahles purchase.

If any of this is an untruth then do not hold me accountable. I got the information straight hand from the CSR at Kahles. Anyone who may want to verify this info, I suggest that get on Kahles web-site and look up their toll free number and phone them for yourself.

Hope this info is helpful to someone.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 09:02
like we said before buy kahles with confidence, more than likely you wont ever have a problem with it good luck and i like the setup
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2007 at 15:08
Originally posted by tophet1 tophet1 wrote:

You'd better stick to Remingtons and Leupolds then.

Don't understand your statement there top.........been buying zeiss conquests for years now......they're serviced in Virginia. Use savage rifles........serviced in Mass. I think the majority of scopes sold here in the US are serviced in the US........kahles and swaro are serviced by SONA also in the US. My statement about waiting till kahles gets there service kinks out was in regard to having the company they are splitting from do the service work, had nothing to do with sending them to europe. You actually brought that up.....I simply said that was out of the question for me, whether rifle or optics. I think you misunderstood......

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 08:28

Quote I spoke with someone "in the
know" at Swarovski yesterday and found out that Kahles will be
distributed and serviced from a company in Texas
.This was posted on another optics site by a large optics retailer and wholesaler. News I was waiting to hear.    Focus

Edited by Focus - December/07/2007 at 11:45

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 08:37
From a company in Texas....................................hmmm
Or as CheapTrick wold say "curiouser and curiouser"
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 08:50
Heres some more info......http://www.shootingwire.com/

I think will this explain further what is really going to happen.

Focus

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 08:58

Good info, thanks Focus

Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 09:02
I'd say all will be well in Kahles world soon........they will be my next scope to try.

Focus

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 11:36
I am in the process of acquiring a couple more Kahles scopes as well.  I have a couple of projects coming down the pipe and I will be using a Kahles 8x50 CB, 1.1-4x24 C, and 1.1-4x24 CSX.  I'll have some reviews on them surfacing later this month.  So far, I am impressed, and at SWFA's samplelist prices, they are awesome deals.

ILya
bigant View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 14:16
Also, from what I have read. Swarovski only took over Kahles due to a death in the Kahles owner or something like that. Swarovski and Kahles has always been competiting, but most people consider'd Kahles as a 2 grade Swarovski and Kahles doesnt feel that way. 

So now with this split, I would have to say that Swarovski and Kahles will be going head to head and hopefully pricing will drop due to that, and quality stays where it is or steps up a notch.

I'm either going to get a Kahles or spring a few dollars more for a Z6.  HmmErmm
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 16:07
z6 2-12x50, covers just about everything in just about every situation. Wink
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 17:10
I'd be very surprised if there is anything out there that can make Swarovski drop their prices.  Either way, I really like Swarovski binoculars, but with scopes I am likely to go with Kahles.  The only Swaro scope that is truly of interest to me is a Z6 1-6x24.

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2007 at 23:56
The 1-6x24 or 1-6x24ee?
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 02:16
I have not see the extended eye relief version in person, yet, so I can not comment on that one.  The 1-6x24 with 3.75" of eye relief and illumination was a very nice scope with an absolutely divorce-inducing price tag.

ILya
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 08:16
Quote a very nice scope with an absolutely divorce-inducing price tag.

Wally View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 08:27
Now come one ILya!  You've been married long enough to know how this works.  You go buy the wife a $1900 piece of furniture, jewelry, or something she likes. 

Then you say "Honey, I sure need this scope......"  So the scope costs you $3800, and no divorce.  Just slap it on plastic.  It's the holiday season, and you're doing your part to support the economy!  Wink

Steve
bigant View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 09:18
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I'd be very surprised if there is anything out there that can make Swarovski drop their prices.  Either way, I really like Swarovski binoculars, but with scopes I am likely to go with Kahles.  The only Swaro scope that is truly of interest to me is a Z6 1-6x24.

ILya

So why would you lean towards a Kahles Scope?  Does current pricing have anything to do with it? Or do you feel like the Kahles is on par with Swarovski?

Thanks,

Yea, those Z6's can be something that induce a divorceOuch, but I have been told that a LE/Mil Discount is pretty substantial.

Anthony
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 09:41
Originally posted by Wally Wally wrote:

Now come one ILya!  You've been married long enough to know how this works.  You go buy the wife a $1900 piece of furniture, jewelry, or something she likes. 

Then you say "Honey, I sure need this scope......"  So the scope costs you $3800, and no divorce.  Just slap it on plastic.  It's the holiday season, and you're doing your part to support the economy!  Wink

Steve

Does not work this way with my wife.  She is too smart for that.

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 09:43
Originally posted by bigant bigant wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

So why would you lean towards a Kahles Scope?  Does current pricing have anything to do with it? Or do you feel like the Kahles is on par with Swarovski?

Thanks,

Yea, those Z6's can be something that induce a divorceOuch, but I have been told that a LE/Mil Discount is pretty substantial.

Anthony

Current pricing is a part of it, but aside from that, I think Kahles scopes are not at all inferior to Swaro. 

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic