OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest Turrets resettable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Conquest Turrets resettable?
    Posted: November/29/2007 at 13:10
I a 6.5-20 Conquest with target style turrets, and was wondering if it is possible to reset the markers back to zero once I've got the scope zeroed?
If it can be done, could some kind person please explain how to do it.
Thanks.
Guesty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2007 at 13:17
The above should say 'I have a 6.5-20... '
Being unable to edit posts sure is irritating.
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2007 at 14:44
Click on the yellow gear logo next to post options at the top of your post.....wa la you can edit Thumbs%20Up

On std turrets you can lift the dial out of the clickstop mechanism set the zero mark of the graduated ring to the index mark and press back down.  On target turrets first for the elevation.......loosen the center screw all the way....pull up the elevation dial and turn the zero mark to the index mark on the tube body without turning the clickstop mechanism. Re- insert the dial and give it a full turn in the U/R or clockwise direction, do not insert the screw. A ring on the sleeve underneath the dial is now visible. Insert a screwdriver in the hole in the screw, turn the inner screw and correct the vertical position of dial in such a way that the bottom edge of the dial just reaches the ring. Re-insert screw and tighten it. Re-adjust the reticle position by giving the dial a full turn counterclockwise, resulting in the zero mark of the dial being again opposite the index mark on the tube body.   Windage adjustment........loosen screw you do not have to loosen all the way....just enought so the dial can be pulled up from the gear mechanism. Turn the zero mark to the index mark, re-insert dial back into gear mechanism and re-tighten screw.

That should fix you up for either target or std turrets.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Guesty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2007 at 05:43
Thanks for the info Focus, I have now set the turrets up.

I still can't edit my posts, but I have discovered that's because I'm under 50 posts.
I'll have to get busy posting so that I can correct my old typos!
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2007 at 12:37
Sorry didn't know there was a post minimum for editing. Glad the instructiond worked for you.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Texaggs View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texaggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2020 at 10:02
hello, I am new here and found this thread through a google search. 

I have this scope and have never understood the “inner screw” part of the directions. When I take out the dial screw after turning one full turn U/R, if I insert a screwdriver through the hole of the dial, all it does is turn the click stop mechanism. I read the directions to mean that the screw would lower the dial to cover the exposed ring without turning the click stop mechanism.  

Once I zero my rifle, I still have over a full turn in the counter clockwise direction.  In other words, I have to zero stop.  What am I missing?

Thanks for any help. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic