OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Opinions on Kahles Multi-zero

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions on Kahles Multi-zero
    Posted: November/27/2007 at 19:35
Good evening all,

I've started to convince myself that I NEED to get one of  the Kahles CL 3-9x42 multizeros off the sample list.  I've done several searches and have seen nothing but rave reviews about Kahles.  What I don't see a lot of is opinion/reviews on the multi-zero.  For those of you out there who have them, what do you think?  A solution looking for a problem or a good piece of gear?

Thanks!
kmad61 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmad61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 21:05
I have the Cl in 4x12 and it is the best scope I have ever owned.
 They advertise the Cl being the best 1" scope period.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 22:26
I am also tempted to buy a Kahles multizero but I really want at Trijicon Accupoint first.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
TheDrakeTaker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDrakeTaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 07:31
I also have a CL 4-12X52 MZ, and it is awesome.  No problems at all, it's mounted on a 7 mag.  Very nice feature to have 5 zeros.  Very good piece of gear, you won't be disappointed with it.
Robert
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 11:34
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I am also tempted to buy a Kahles multizero but I really want at Trijicon Accupoint first.
 I can guarantee you that you will not be unhappy with the Trijicon!
Blackbird View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 11:47
Originally posted by TheDrakeTaker TheDrakeTaker wrote:

I also have a CL 4-12X52 MZ, and it is awesome.  No problems at all, it's mounted on a 7 mag.  Very nice feature to have 5 zeros.  Very good piece of gear, you won't be disappointed with it.

Hey Drake,

Exactly how does the multizero work, with different bullet drop for different B.C. bullets ?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDrakeTaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 11:54
You sight in the zeros yourself.  You set your primary zero, do a couple of adjustments to the elevation turret then set your next one, and so on until you get all 5 set.  You sight in each zero exactly like you would sight in your rifle normally, it's very easy.  There is a video on the Kahles website that shows you how to do this if you want to watch it.  You could use it for different type loads like you're saying Blackbird, (different B.C.'s) or you can use it like I do for one load and 5 zeros at different ranges.  I use a 200 yard zero as my primary, then 300 400 500 600 and you easily switch between them.  Multizero and a rangefinder is hard to beat.  
Robert
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 17:06
From what you guys are saying that own and use them, this must be a very impressive scope. Does anyone who owns one not like it? The multi zero really interests me.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
cged View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 18:39
Kmad & Drake - Thanks very much for the replies.  I was wondering if it was a gimmick or what - your posts helped clarify.  Thanks again!

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDrakeTaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 20:04
Be assured it's no gimmick, it's the real deal.  
Robert
cged View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2007 at 22:12
Thanks for the feedback gents - CL 3-9x42 multizero ordered today off the sample list Big%20smile

COMNAVHOMEFRONT says that the x-mas present I just bought myself has to go under the tree until christmas, though Cry
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDrakeTaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2007 at 05:18
Good choice, let us know how you like it.
Robert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic