OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hi everyone, have you heard of questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miedosoracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi everyone, have you heard of questions
    Posted: November/27/2007 at 11:26

How's it going?  Hope all is well. I was at a gun show recently, and saw two different tactical scopes I liked, but haven't been able to find either on the google searches. One is Seals 8-32x50, and the other is eXplore 8-32x50. The eXplore has a big X. I swear I've seen an ad before this, but now can't find any on the internet. Anyone heard of them, or tried them?  Also, just saw a Mark scope on Ebay. Higher price than most of the chinese stuff and a link to the website, but I don't want to be the gineapigWink

Any help is appreciated. Great site, glad I found it. 
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 13:24
The Seals is an awful lot like some of the Chicom crap (nc star). The other I have not seen, or heard of.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Miedosoracing View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miedosoracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 13:54
Ok, thanks. I had a feeling and it is pricy, so glad I asked first. Ok, Seals out. The eXplore was an american who said he designed it himself, and sends it to Japan for the lenses and says 97% brightness. I am up in the air on that, because for about the same price, a Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 might be better. Seems better safe than sorry. Sorry, also it is for a Savage 111 7mm.  Thanks again

Edited by Miedosoracing - November/27/2007 at 13:55
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 14:02
Welcome to The OT!!

I have never seen, nor heard of those scopes, but I would caution you on purchasing "Brand X" scopes, like the ones you mentioned.

I'm certain we can help direct you to an optic that would be better suited for you.

May we know your budget and your shooting discipline?    
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miedosoracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 16:08
Thanks, seems like a great site. Yeah, I was pretty much feeling that way. I have a Bushnell chinese fake  8-24x50 scope on my 10/22, but you can tell it isn't a good scope. It is better than my BSA scope I dumped on ebay but that isn't saying much. I just saw these others, and they were higher price, so I thought maybe higher quality.  I am planning on shooting 1000 yard targets, with the 111 savage 7mm rem mag.  I don't hunt anymore, so just target. I like the higher power scopes. The more magnification I can get the better. If there was a 50x50mm fixed scope i would get it. I don't need variable, but the higher power yes.  Most would say a 8-24x50 on my 10/22 is overkill, but I like being able to see the little target dot at 100 yards.  I seem to be more accurate that way.  I get 1 1/2-2 moa consistantly with a stock 10/22 at 100 yards.  It is stuck on 24x, and hasn't budged. My budget is variable. I mean, I'm thinking about the Bushnell 4200 scope  http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_elite4200_42-6245t.cfm which seems to be around $500, but I saw these around $300 so I thought, hmm. But I am pretty sure I will stick with the Bushnell.  I want to save as much as possible, because I want to get a Panther DPMS .300 or .308 with the long barrel. So saving as much on a scope as possible will help me save up for that.  Anyways, I would say, 24x or 32x magnification is where I'm looking. Sorry for the book, just a little info on me.

Edited by Miedosoracing - November/27/2007 at 17:01
Blackbird View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 18:34
Just remember that if you purchase a straight power high magification scope, you can't lower the power when the mirage is boiling at 1000 yards, or any yardage for that matter.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miedosoracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 08:59
I've never shot 1000 yards before, so thanks for that info. I didn't know there was something like that.  Learn something new every daySmile
Blackbird View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 11:53
!000 yards and beyond, is a whole new ballgame. Heck, I have a tough enough time hitting ground hogs on the first shot, from 500 yards and further.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miedosoracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 12:15
Thought I would share this with you guys. Here is an auction for a seals like I talked about. http://cgi.ebay.com/Seals-8-32x50-Tactical-Scope_W0QQitemZ180186931186QQihZ008QQcategoryZ31714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 13:11
They're offering a five day grace, It'll take that long for it to get to ya. I don't trust it, not a little bit. and then to compare to nightforce? YEAH RIGHT, NCSTAR compares themselves to Leupold, I'd bet you the resolution test on those scopes tells the whole truth that they aren't telling you. 

Cyborg
300winmag View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300winmag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 14:01
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 14:50
Do a search here on the OT for countersniper, You'll get a hit or two. They're ok but I'd stick with Millett over them especially for the price they're getting. plus with Millett and SuperSniper you get A+! customer service.

Cyborg
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miedosoracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 15:54

I'm gonna get the Millett varmint scope for now, and then I think I will transfer that to the DPMS .308, when I get the LRS-1.  I really like what I have been reading here on this site about them.  I feel confident I will be happy or they will do everything in their power to make me happy.  I was just posting the Seals scope for the reason you listed. They are comparing themselves to Nightforce.

300winmag View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300winmag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 17:41
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Do a search here on the OT for countersniper, You'll get a hit or two. They're ok but I'd stick with Millett over them especially for the price they're getting. plus with Millett and SuperSniper you get A+! customer service.
Thanks Cyborg.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 17:45
Youre most welcome, Best of luck to ya.

Cyborg
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 18:42
Actually, the Counter Sniper got some decent feedback over at Sniper Central, if I'm not mistaken.

I'd probably opt for something else as cyborg suggested until more reviews are in and CS got checked out though.

Good shooting!!
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2007 at 18:48
Dark ops holdings, Frank Miller, Do a google. I have read mixed reviews, and the afore mentioned read Court cases, leaves me a little leary. you are correct there Cheaptrick there was a post from a subscriber, it looked promising.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic