OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What do you think about the new site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pooreyes-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think about the new site?
    Posted: November/27/2007 at 06:12
    Well I would do a poll on this,,, But I cant find it !!!!!!!!

Where are the Pics.????
 Also havent you all heard if it isnt broke DONT fix it!!!!!!

Edited by Pooreyes-2 - November/27/2007 at 06:21
Pooreyes-2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pooreyes-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 06:14
There is to much GRAY !!!!Thumbs%20Down
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 06:16
I miss the old graphics but this is faster. Need some of the old links back, too.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 06:30
i dont like it that who's on is at the very bottom, it was nice right on the side other than that its pretty cool
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 06:31
Too much white, I guess we'll get used to it. 
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 07:20
Angry  I don't like it..I find it harder to navigate between the store and the forums.  Perhaps, it will just take time....
If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 07:28
Holy batcrap robin. This is strange i tell you.it make my eyes do the hokie pokie.i will get it use to it i reckon.

Change is good.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 07:35

Thought I had logged in to another forum in error.  I'm sure it will be just fine but need some time to acclimatize.

God save the Empire!
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 09:14

The more i think about it the new style frum dosen't have the warm homefelt feel the other one did.this looks just about like every other forum.It dosen't have the FLAIR it once had.

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 09:16

Right now it has not been "hot rodded", its just the bare basic code.  It is a very major upgrade in code and technology that will make the forum more stable, faster and most importantly it will allow us to do much more customization.

Don't worry, it'll feel like home in no time.  Keep posting what you don't like so we will know what to change.

It may go through a few cosmetic changes until we find something that sticks, so if you log on and it's hot pink.......don't be alarmed.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 09:20
It may go through a few cosmetic changes until we find something that sticks, so if you log on and it's hot pink.......don't be alarmed.

i could say so much about that.

the only thing i miss so far is the
 1)link to other forum topics on left
2)who's on line that was on the right
3) he graphics.i thought the othe rocked.

but nice so far i reckon

Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 16:44
How's about a feature that would let those who don't like so much of a certain color background be able to customize it from a few different choices.Clap
Fight Smarter
Not Harder
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 12:56
The thing I notice most is that the topic list from SWFA has not changed in three days.  Then there less emoticons.Broken%20Heart
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 15:02
Thanks Silver, I'll get that fixed asap.
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 18:43
Don't want to hurt any feelings, but I really liked the old site better. This one does come up faster though.
Derek
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 19:41
Me too.

We are working on the cosmetics to get the same look and feel back but our priority right now is the code behind the scenes.

RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 21:00

I'm having a hard time navigating my way around it. I can't find threads I'd like to follow up on, and the search function doesn't work for me, in what I would consider a logical manner. I hope I can figure it out. I kind of feel like I'm trying to communicate with an old friend who's gone completely deaf overnite.  I'm really trying not to sound critical, because I know that it will take time to get the bugs worked out, and I sure don't want to discourage any efforts you folks go through to make a GREAT site even better. I'll keep stumbling around until I get used to it, I guess. (I'll try not to step on too many toes....Embarrassed )

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 22:11
Changes are never easy.  The upgrade was necessary and right now the site is at its most basic state possible while we fix issues that many users were having with the old site code.  Keep the critiques and suggestions coming as we continue to make alterations.......this is ya'lls site after all, Wink  and I really mean that.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2007 at 03:17
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

i could say so much about that.

the only thing i miss so far is the
 1)link to other forum topics on left
2)who's on line that was on the right
3) he graphics.i thought the othe rocked.

but nice so far i reckon

With BigDaddy on this one.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2007 at 07:30
Holy crap my spelling went to the dogs.

i think we need to have a cold Keg over there also>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic