OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

weatherby stock?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weatherby stock?
    Posted: November/24/2007 at 22:59

hi i have a weatherby ultralight in 7mm weatherby. the stock broke the otherday when i dropped the rifle.

and i am having a really hard time getting a new one here in alberta canada.

does anyone here have any suggestions on were i could get one? and how i could get it shipped up here?

i would really like to get the origional (bell and carlson) i think.or something very close to the origional. hs precision?

jay
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2007 at 09:03
First thing I would do is call Wby. tomorrow am and tell them what happened.  They can ship you a stock as they keep them in stock and if the rifle is under warranty, it will be free of charge.  Otherwise, if the rifle is not under warranty and you want to skip going through Wby., many people sell Bell and Carlson.  Problem is, they rarely have that particular stock, in stock and the wait is about 6 wks. to get one made and shipped to you.  competitor USA occasionally has one in stock, as do a couple other companies, just do an on line search.  Wby. will have them in stock, but I am not sure how much they will charge you for a new one, if your rifle is not under warranty, but I do not believe they will gouge you.  With the proper model, it will be a drop in affair.  B & C is a great stock, imo, just a good as the more expensive synthetics, where did it break?
storm2844 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm2844 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2007 at 18:44
it cracked actually in the forend. thanks for the info dolphin. the biggest problem for me to get a stock here is that i need a import permit to get it shipped from the states to cananda which is a real pain.
jay
Pooreyes-2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pooreyes-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2007 at 04:36

Check Ebay,they have stocks for every gun out there.ALSO I know a fewguys that have had some hand made to their liking.

I hope this helps and GL

Also look at gunbroker.com

Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 15:17
Originally posted by storm2844 storm2844 wrote:

it cracked actually in the forend. thanks for the info dolphin. the biggest problem for me to get a stock here is that i need a import permit to get it shipped from the states to cananda which is a real pain.
That is crazy.  Can't you have it shipped to a dealer just across the border and go and pick it up and just smuggle it across?
timber View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2007 at 23:00
Hey storm2844.  Did you talk to Weatherby?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic