OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Glock Torture Test.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glock Torture Test.....
    Posted: November/24/2007 at 08:25
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 10:01
now thats somebody with to much free time.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 10:10

This one took a lot of heat over @ GT.

GT has a lot of a'holes because the site is so huge. But, there is a lot of good info there and some really good folks as well. Our friend ACSF would be in the light heavy weight division @ GT.

Edited by tahqua - February/20/2008 at 15:36
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 10:42
Do they go for low wall winchesters???
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 11:15
The only Winchesters they go for over @ GT are +P Rangers.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 11:36

reviewed a few posts--- didn't know you could say that much about a glock

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 11:50
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

This one took a lot of heat over @ GT.

GT has a lot of a'holes because the site is so huge. But, there is a lot of good info there and some really good folks as well. Our friend Larry would be in the light heavy weight division @ GT.

Very true....

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 11:51

I have a few in 9 and 10mm. Butt ugly, cost effective and never a failure. That's not a lot to say but for me it says a lot.

I like my S&W's, Colts, Walthers, Brownings and HK's. Glocks are excellent tools, plain and simple. I carry them more than any of the others, by far.

That site has a lot of   Just look at some of the threads on bear protection and any of the caliber wars.

For example, I have no problems at all with the .40 S&W, but when the Glock boobs start thinking a .40 Short&Weak is the ballistic twin of the 10mm I draw the line.

On the other hand there are members who are pretty well known in LE circles and some gun writers who post. It is an entertaining site.

Still, for me, OT rules!

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 11:57

I didn't know you hung out over at GT, Doug. Everything you stated about that site is correct.

I just posted the link for folks to look at. My Glocks have been 100% reliable as well.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 12:28

mod. 20, 38,19,35 here,  got to go read the stuff on bears,

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 12:38

Excellent choices, Dale. Your ahead of me, I have the 19 and 20.

How do you like the G.A.P and the Competition models?

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2007 at 13:42

can't find the bear scant--need to get larry on it--

I think the GAP is underated, the 38 is like a lw commander but shorter frame. ballistics are the same as 45acp, so you get a mod.21 in a better carry. (noticable smaller frame) my favorite

forgot to mention I have a 33 also- hard to reload for, don't use it or the 19 since the 38 came out.

I like the longer slide (sight plane) on the 35 good trigger (not the pull but the rounded edges wish all glocks had it), so-so cartridge but easy to reload for . -- not sold on the open slide for carry yet.

concealed carry times against lw about the same with 38,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic