OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Conquest vs Elite 4200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOATBUM101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conquest vs Elite 4200
    Posted: October/22/2004 at 19:12
What you guys think about these products?Probably going w/ 3-9x40 or 50.Prices are fairly close.Have heard the Elites are tough & the Zeiss probably has the best optics for the price.Okay fellas comments please.
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2004 at 20:41

This ought to draw some remarks from Roy.  The Zeiss!!!!  Stick with the 40mm.  And look for yourself, I prefer the Zeiss and the "Elite Predator"  prefers the Bushnell. 

ranburr

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2004 at 22:10

Ranburr is 100% correct. I would take the Elite 4200 2.5-10x40 over the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40. Both are excellent scopes. The Zeiss is lighter, so if you are concerned about saving ounces the Zeiss would get the nod. The Elite has a broader power range which would allow you to cover any imaginable hunting situation. You would not be wanting with either one of these scopes. And the 40mm is the way to go.

P.S. I think this question has asked before???? I could be a tad incorrect.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic