OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Remington 700 or Savage 10FP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2007 at 23:17
Good info from everyone. I appreciate the help. I decided to sell it!,,Its got 21 hours left on gunbroker with one bid.  Something about the way the 10flp looks and the way everyone talks about it makes parts of me do things that my wife has not made them do in a long time! It outta make a good project gun anyways regardless.  I get my Super Sniper in the mail tomorrow so that'll be a welcome addition for a new rifle.
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2007 at 19:40
OK I'm a little late to this thread but I'm a savage fan, I own a 10FP that shoots honest mid threes to mid fours with 150SMK's and 150AB's. I put it in a stockade stock (mule deer) bedded it and headspaced the factory heavy barrel. Cut the barrel to 22" with a recessed target crown, adjusted the accutrigger to 1 1/2# for load work and tighten it to 2 1/2# for hunting. Added a SSS recoil lug and scoped it with a conquest 3.5x10 scope in signiture rings. Use lapaua brass matched prepped, CCI BR2 primers, 45.8grains of RL15 powder and seat either brand of bullet .006 off lands. Black finish is very nice and other than the stock (you got to use a decent stock, the stock savage one is just too flimsy and don't manage recoil as well) and a $29 recoil lug (machined not stamped) it is all factory savage. I believe you can get the 10FP with either a HS Precision or a McMillian stock also in which case you would only really need to skim bed it and adjust the trigger. The crown on my barrel was excellant but it pays to always look that over on their factory barrels too. Hope you get a shooter and enjoy yours as much as I like mine.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2007 at 19:47
OK I just checked savages site......you can only get the left handed version with the savage factory stock. You could buy a Bell and Carlson or a stockade stock in synthetic and bed it to your action or stiffen and bed the factory stock and maybe put a better pad on it. I use right hand actions so I'm not aware of exactly who makes aftermarket stocks besides Kevin at stockade.

Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic