OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Old leupold scope??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skscj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old leupold scope??
    Posted: November/17/2007 at 17:51

Hi everyone..My first post..I just bought a Romanian trainer 22 with a Leupold scope..It looks pretty old,,the only markings is Leupold 2507 in front of the eyepiece,,Leupold 2 1/4 X,,Leupold and Stevens Instruments,,Portland,Oregon,,Pat Pend at the exit....Both windage and elevation knobs are front and back of eachother on the tube..They are turned left or right to adjust..Can anyone give me any info on this scope please....

THANK YOU  

30-06 forever View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30-06 forever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2007 at 19:37
You have a Leupold Pioneer one of the first scopes with internal adjustments for windage & elevation.
If it's mint it could bring as much as $200 to a collector. Otherwise it's not a bad scope for the late 1940s but nowhere near
as good as its contemporary, the Lyman Alaskan. The W&E have a lock ring so be sure to loosen that before adjusting the
scope and then retighten them. Neat piece of history.
skscj View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skscj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2007 at 20:28
Thanks,,I could not find anything on this scope..Thanks again
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2007 at 13:27
Originally posted by 30-06 forever 30-06 forever wrote:

You have a Leupold Pioneer one of the first scopes with internal adjustments for windage & elevation.
If it's mint it could bring as much as $200 to a collector. Otherwise it's not a bad scope for the late 1940s but nowhere near
as good as its contemporary, the Lyman Alaskan. The W&E have a lock ring so be sure to loosen that before adjusting the
scope and then retighten them. Neat piece of history.
  you like that lyman alaskan? maybe you have a few unertls as well?? how about a sedgley rifle??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
30-06 forever View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30-06 forever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2007 at 18:50
An owner of classic rifles often choses to keep contemporary with the choice of scopes. Much to be said for a new all
stainless rifle with a fiberglass stock and bulletproof Kahles scope. They work very well as does a Makita electric plane but it
will never replace a Stanley from the 1900s in the hearts & minds of those whose taste goes beyond pure functionality.
Probably the same reason the 30-06 still outsells the 280 50 to 1.
skscj View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skscj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2007 at 19:31
I was thinking about mounting it on a Marlin 22 lever action or the Swiss K-31..I think it will look and work great on both,,but which one...
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2007 at 20:32
30-06 out sells everything larry! so tell me how well will a tsx go through an atv engine block??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2007 at 21:42
caught again !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic