OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Eagle Eye Optics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eagle Eye Optics
    Posted: November/10/2007 at 19:26
We had a discussion about Eagle Eye optics a little while ago where there was some doubt about the country of origin of these scopes.

I have not had a chance to use these scopes since I wanted to take a look at them before paying for them out out of pocket (the owner, I think, was not particularly keen on providing samples).

Lo and behold, I go to a gun show earlier to day and see that Eagle Eye optics is there with their whole line-up.  I spent a few minutes looking at different scopes that were potentially of some interest to me.  While I did not introduce myself to the owner, I did ask him where the scopes are made and he said "Czechoslovakia".  I did not want to get into little details, like the fact the Czechoslovakia split into two countries: Czech Republic and Slovakia some years ago, so I left it at that.  The scopes themselves are not marked with a country of origin.

I then went on to look at several of the scopes.  If memory serves me right, I looked at 1.5-4.5x26 with illuminated reticle, 4x40 model with a roof prism in it, some sort of a high mag models (something along the lines of a 8-32x50 and 6-24x50 with 30mm tubes), a 2-6x28 with illuminated reticle, and a couple of random mid-range scopes.

While it is obviously hard to say for sure, but they sure as hell look like chicom scopes to me.  Machining, turret housings, etc look just like various chicom crap in adjacent booths (Hammers, NCStar, etc).  The clicks however, felt surprisingly good: tactile and audible.

It is hard to judge the quality of the optics while at a tradeshow, but the AR coatings are not very good, since reflections from multiple light sources in the exhibit hall were having a very strong effect on the image. 

Illuminated reticles are pretty badly executed: too bright and with lots of flare.

On two of the scopes I looked at I could not get rid of a fuzzy ring in the outer 10% of the image.

The owner was there and there was a woman helping him run things (presumably his wife).  I got to listen to her talk with a couple of customers (the owner himself did not say too much, but he was listening).  She was is either remarkably ignorant about scopes and optics or she was lying her heart out in order to make a sale.  Every BS line you hear from bad scope salesmen was in play.  I listened a little and then walked away. 

From what I saw, Eagle Eye optics are a no go and the sales ethics are a disgrace to the industry.

ILya

bdee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 00:26
Thanks for the info, will stay away.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 02:21
OK.  Here is the original thread where Eagle Eye optics were discussed.

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 05:24

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

OK.  Here is the original thread where Eagle Eye optics were discussed.

ILya

Uh...Did you mean ...HERE, Sir?? 

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7832&KW=ea gle+eye+optics

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 05:28

Who will ever forget this.........

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 06:43
How much were they wanting for their junk?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 10:32
A range of prices from $100 to $400.

ILya
ST4SNIPER View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ST4SNIPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2007 at 20:13
The one I purchased didn't have the fuzziness in the outer ring but the coatings definitely fall short in bright sunlight. I'm happy to see your input after having a chance to become "hands on"
acquainted with their products. Needless to say my buy was a curiosity that eventually resulted in the post here and a replacement ( Elite 4200). Oh well , live and learn!

ST4SNIPER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic