OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thoughts on this.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 10:57

thanks for the replys.

mainly i will be over looking fields of 400+yards.This will be from staingin and or sitting in a shooting house.I have a smaller pair that i take when stalking thru the woods.

So dose this change anything ya'll would recamend?

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
windstrings View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windstrings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 11:53
Wholly smokes... thats a long way..... well I'm no expert, but realizing you will have to stabilize it very well.... many like the 15X bino's.... I know swarovski makes a nice pair people love, but if thats too rich, I'm sure there are others to consider.  Remember, anything mobile will be heavy ....http://www.swfa.com/pc-4782-754-swarovski-15x56-slcnew-b inocular.aspx

You may consider buying a binocular that will accept a doubler or similar eyepiece to attach.

Seems most of the monoculars only go up to around 10X too.. probably because of that stability issue.

Otherwise, since your in a stand... a spotting scope may be the ticket!...I don't have any experience with them however.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 11:59

I'll check into them also.but i'm thinking some bino's first.i don't want to spend a ton of money on my first set.i tend to brake about everything i get for the first time.i guess it's the first timers unlucky streak or something who knows.

Thanks

Diana View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 13:08

Biggest thing I tell people is go to a sporting goods store and is to line up all the binos that you are interested in. Don't look at the manufacture or the pricing. Have in mind what magnification you require.

Try them out, how easy is it to focus, how do they feel in your hand? Look at a bolt across the building and look at the clarity.  Some stores with have a resolution chart up.

Then start eliminating. Drop it down to about 5 binos, then... look at the pricing and the manufacture. Compare to see if what you visually see in the highest price compared to the most econmical. Then decide what your prefrence is.

Typically I  go with an 7 or 8 power. If you go with a 10, for some long range hunting. If you go with a 12 or above you better tuck those elbow to your ribs or use a tripod.

Think about the prisms, there are BAK  4 and 7's.BAK 4 is a higher quality. Also  the more coatings you have on the glass, the more light it pulls in like a sponge.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windstrings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 13:50
How much money is your limit?
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 13:51

Cheaper the better.My monies are tight right now

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windstrings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 14:18
Well Bigdaddy, that leaves the subject so broad, its hard to narrow down....

What if you got what you paid for...... then how much would you be willing to spend????..... LOL!

There are many posts about binos under 500 and even 300......The only experience I really have are 800.00 and up.
The Euros are a good bang for the buck.... 800.00 for 10 X 42's and they seem to rival anything anywhere near its price range....

I haven't tried these, but this may the the same animal...... The Cabelas Euro's are made by Meopta  http://www.swfa.com/c-1135-meopta-binoculars.aspx

If thats to rich for your blood, maybe go "very" cheap until you decide what you really want...... look at the threads for binos under 200.00.

This thread could get you started:
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7328&PN=1

Edited by windstrings
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2007 at 09:41

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic