OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Streaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper
    Posted: November/07/2007 at 19:28
I have been painfully considering a moderately priced scope ($300.00 price range) and how I do like the Super Sniper 10x42.  It seems like a really good deal. It has the reticle and adjustable knobs.

My concerns are that the design of this scope came out to the public in the late 90's.  Not that it is a bad thing.  I just know how much technology changes in a short period of time.

The war has helped spur technological advances in weapons and optics to give our fighting forces weapons advantages that my generation, less than 10 years before, of warrior before could only imagine.

Are there any alternatives that would be a better purchase over this scope?  Price versus quality of glass versus durability.  Not this scope and weapon system will be the one that I will need to rely upon if things get bad, but will be the weapon system that I count on if things get bad.

It will rest upon either my AR or my M1A.

What do you guys think?

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2007 at 21:23

Oh yu can count on them alright. m1a not exactly a new piece of technology, sure gets the job done, for me ringing steel out to 600, as far as the war machine part, I'm sure swfa has some web sites for you to check out.

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 11:28
Buy with confidence, it is a great scope and there is no better deal in optics.

There are better scopes, but the price reflect the difference.

At that price, there is nothing better.  And you'd need to spend almost twice as much to get something appreciably better.  If that is your budget and your budget is firm, buy the SS.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 15:48

Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Buy with confidence, it is a great scope and there is no better deal in optics.

There are better scopes, but the price reflect the difference.

At that price, there is nothing better.  And you'd need to spend almost twice as much to get something appreciably better.  If that is your budget and your budget is firm, buy the SS.

What he said!! 

Everybody needs at least 1 Super Sniper!!   

Streaker View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Streaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 15:59
Dale,  Nice setup.  What type of mount do you have?

Appreciate the advise.  Will be ordering one shortly.

Thanks guys!!!
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 17:02
warne rings, gen 3 SA mount, m1a NM. played around with m1a's for about 30 years . some are very touchy, use an ar10t for precision stuff, but this one is about a 12 on a scale of 1-10 for just fun and shooting steel. surplus South African and Hertenberger will bang 19/20 at 500-600 all day long. couldn't see getting a sadlak or smith with this level of scope. also wanted to see what limitations military shooters were running into with this set up.
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 18:29
yer sling's on backward 
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 20:43
Thanx for say'in it.  I wanted to but, ya' know, "Optics Master" and all.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 22:57
oh sorry no military training here wouldn't know how the military prefers (hope I never impled that) -- maybe for military stuff upside backwards, but rarely use the sling (early picture not on the gun now) , and if, just carry barrel down. I also use the "cobra" slings upside down preferring the thinner part when using them. it's good to remember the military doesn't own shooting, I get a kick out of watching them shoot 45's with one hand.

Edited by Dale Clifford
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2007 at 06:52
You can buy with absolute confidence It's a solid scope. I had one stolen, another story, but I will definitely be buying another one. 
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Streaker View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Streaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2007 at 07:44

Sweet.  I have part of the money already to go, but need to finish selling a BUIS on Gunbroker.  The wife has been getting on me about spending too much money re-supplying my ammo stash.  I don't understand her frustration.  It's just ammo.  I try to tell her that you can never have enough.  I just need an optic to use less ammo, right?  Or maybe better ammo.  Or just more ammo.

Thanks Again Guys!!!

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2007 at 15:39

Come back and let us know how you like the SS!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic