OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for 221 Fireball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruger62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope for 221 Fireball
    Posted: October/18/2004 at 20:16
   I just purchased a Remington classic 221 Fireball.I am wondering about what power scope and what u think about simmons aetec.Thanks.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2004 at 08:47
Which one the original, a Thompson Contender, or Remington's LVSS or a CZ 525?
ruger62 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruger62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2004 at 09:05

THIS IS A REMINGTON CLASSIC PRODUCED I THINK IN 2002 AND 2003.THIS IS A GREAT RIFLE SAME AS NEW.GREAT BUY AS OWNER WAS NEEDING CASH.

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2004 at 09:36

Indeed a great find. Almost impossible to find one these nowdays. Somewhat humorous in light of your check in name ruger62. The range of the gun is somewhat between a Hornet and 222 obviously but am assuming you will still be shooting at small targets. Would suggest something around 15X at the top which also brackets the bottom. Just decide what money bracket your in and run down the makers.

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2004 at 13:01

it makes an awesome groundhog gun, and while i dont particularly care for nikon, the monarch 3.3-10 looks awful good sitting on top of it. but what will yuo be hunting with it???

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
ruger62 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruger62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2004 at 20:56
  I have 9 Ruger pistols and 3 Ruger rifles.I got rifle with bases and rings with box for 300.00. Also a new box of ammo.The rifle doesnt appear to be fired.The guy was needing cash.I will hunt ground hogs and coyotes.I have a nice mini-14 and a tikka t-3 in .223.Plenty of coyotes in northeast Tennessee.
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2004 at 14:15

ONLY $300?????????.................ok, fainted for a minute................man, you practically stole that thing!!. the classics in 221 fireball ive seen look great with the 3.3-10 monarchs, and if had this gun, its what i would get, and the monarch is a darn nice scope, and isnt priced too high.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
ruger62 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruger62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2004 at 08:05
     What do you think about the Grand Slam 3-10-40 for Remington 221 Fireball.
ruger62 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruger62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2004 at 15:38
   HEY GUYS.  Would like some more input about scope for 221 fireball. Thanks.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2004 at 17:06

The Aetec 2.8-10x44 is an excellent choice.  The AETEC has a very good eye relief and is extremely easy to look thru.  We have a good deal on a demo model right now on SampleList.com.

If you want to spend a little bit more since you got such a deal on the rifle, then consider these two scopes.

Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 FireFly.....$289.95

Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 Ballitic Plex w/ FREE spotting scope.....$197.95

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic