OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Unguarded Knobs, Warning!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unguarded Knobs, Warning!
    Posted: November/04/2007 at 23:47
Took my M40A3 clone with USO Canadian Horus on it to the range for a little play at 100 yards.

While waiting for the interval, I got the rifle and rest out of the case and set it up at the Bench.

On comes the range master: "Two minutes to cease fire. Everybody behind the red line!" followed by: "Ok to go down range to check or change targets."

When I got back, I put the first two rounds down range, they were both touching but about 6 inches high!!!??

What?? Then I noticed that the knob was two mils high. Later during the next break it was reported that another shooter wanted to try the knobs, but didn't know where to set it back.

Message here never assume that your stuff is un-messed with. In this case a little aggravating because I was not able to test my cold bore shot accuracy.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 04:50
That other shooter needs his ass kicked, plain and simple! He must have violated the red line to begin with and there is no excuse.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 07:32
WTF,  Man some peoples kids, JEESH, Yeah a butt kicking is definitely in order here.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 10:17
I would have been severely displeased - to say the least.

Edited by Rancid Coolaid
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 10:26
Just goes to show you - check your settings - double check your settings then shoot. (kind of like measure twice cut once.) Trees and bushes have a way of re-adjusting exposed knobs too in the field, so eaven though it was entirely unreasonable for someone to mess with your gear it was probably a valuable lesson to double check your settings.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 10:36

this is pretty common in competitive events, one has to recheck the settings before running a stage of fire. if a competitor can gain an advantage by flipping your turret, AND YOU LEFT YOUR GUN OUT. wish it wasn't so.

Graysteel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graysteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 10:36
This is why I am so big on knobs that make it easy to determine where you are at. Still haven't found the 'perfect' system.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 10:41
As close to perfect as I have found: USO EREK with BDC.  If it zeroed simpler, it would be perfect.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic