OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leica Trinovid 8x50 vs Swarovski SLC 8x50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leica Trinovid 8x50 vs Swarovski SLC 8x50
    Posted: October/18/2004 at 17:32
Which one is the better one of the two?
Grubbs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2004 at 11:10
My personal choice is the Leica, but they are both awesome.  Can't go wrong either way.
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2004 at 13:17

It depends on you.  I prefer the Swarovski, eventhough I know the Leica has better glass.

ranburr

tbone1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbone1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2004 at 22:49
I also prefer the Leica for several reasons.  Optically they are very close.  Brightness is equal, but to me the Leica appear sharper.  For arguement sake though, lets say they are equal optically.  The Leica seem to be the most rugged  bino and will last a lifetime.  The Swarovski aren't quite as rugged.  I have known several people who have had theirs refurbished after 7 or 8 years of use.  They are a great bino, but with the Leica you get a little more for your money.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2004 at 16:29
We have a few demo Leica 8x50s on the SampleList.com site right now under $800.00.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic