OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

kahles reticle ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kahles reticle ?
    Posted: November/02/2007 at 23:29
what is "Classical magnifying reticle construction"? does this mean that the reticle size is not constant at different powers? I know that this may sound dumb but I was thinking about buying a Kahles c scope and I saw this in the product description.
Thanks
sscoyote View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sscoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2007 at 02:11
A magnifying reticle is a reticle in the first focal plane, that does not change it's subtension with magnification changes.
Steve
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2007 at 20:31

Originally posted by sscoyote sscoyote wrote:

A magnifying reticle is a reticle in the first focal plane, that does not change it's subtension with magnification changes.

To further explain: the word "subtension", in the context used by sscoyote, refers to the size of the reticle as compared to the target or image as you adjust magnification.( Target appears larger at high magnification-so does reticle.) Or to give an example, a one-minute dot reticle would cover 1 inch of a target at 100 yards regardless of the magnification. Just wanted to make sure you understood...

acelow View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2007 at 20:20
Thanks
georgiabowhuntr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgiabowhuntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 23:24

Oh stewardess! I speak jive.

-Airplane

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic