OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Question for Cheaptrick and others

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Mahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2007 at 18:02

Thanks guys,

We kinda' got off track for a little bit, but I sure appreciate all the advise. The reason I was asking was, I have an extra Pro Staff circa 2001 in the cabinet. I am dying to shoot my new rifle and when I put glass on it , that scope will probably stay on it if it will take the abuse. It looks like the masses are telling me I won't be happy with it. I also have a Leupold Vari X II ,but it is not matte finish. Just seeing if I need to raid the gun fund.

Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2007 at 18:12
Raid the gun fund!!!!!
Argie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2007 at 18:15

Sandy: The Leupold seems a far better choice (and scope) than the Prostaff AND YOU ALREADY HAVE IT!

Who cares if the cat is black or white as long as it catches mice?

Nobody 'll say nothing in the deer camp (neither will the deer)

Good luck

RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2007 at 21:43
Originally posted by Argie Argie wrote:

Sandy: The Leupold seems a far better choice (and scope) than the Prostaff AND YOU ALREADY HAVE IT!

Good luck

Yep. A hunting rifle and it's scope should be spray painted in blotchy, dull, ugly earth-tone colors anyway. Deer and elk may or may not be color-blind, but the birds and squirrels that warn them of your presence are not.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2007 at 21:55

Good luck

why are you guy detering someone from buying a new scope?? thats not nice i like to encourage people to buy new stuff it shows that the sport is active that way the antis have less ammo!

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2007 at 18:40
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Good luck

why are you guy detering someone from buying a new scope?? thats not nice i like to encourage people to buy new stuff it shows that the sport is active that way the antis have less ammo!

Because if he spends too much money on scopes, he might not have enough left over to buy a HUNTING LICENSE!!! 
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 17:58

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i bought a limbsave for my 300wsm and it helped by there advetised 20% i can comfortably agree with there claim.

pyro6999, do not tell me you bought a limbsaver.  You are a stout guy like me.  Us manly guys do not need those devices for wimpy men who cannot handle their rifles.

Sandy Mahan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Mahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 19:51

Heck,  You never feel any rifle when you are hunting. That is not the point. I was just asking if that scope could take the recoil.

Shooting on the bench is a different story.I am a big guy, but 15 or 20 thru my .338 win mag is plenty for me . Maybe I need a skirt and a purse.  Maybe it is lack of talent on my part.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 20:25
hell with that 300wsm you shoot it twice and you really gotta think about it whether or not you really wanna squeeze it a third time, my dad and my brother in law shot it once a piece and they promptly told me never again. you can only shoot accurate as long as you arent flinching, and when a gun you shoot hurts you its only a matter of time before you do flinch, im not a tough guy by any means i too know when enough is enough. its like a woodpecker what a stupid creature that is, banging on trees all day long, shooting a kicker is comparble, why keep doing something that hurts
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Sandy Mahan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Mahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 20:39

Wearing real good ear protection is the key for me. Also I have my friend load an empty for me from time to time. ( We shoot together)  You know that you would be embarassed to flinch on an empty.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic