OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

TIKKA T3 TACTICAL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLOM1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIKKA T3 TACTICAL
    Posted: October/18/2004 at 11:10

Just bought a Tikka T3 Tactical in .308. 

Comes with a Picatinny rail.  Sent SWFA an email re rings and was told that only the Badger Ordnance rings would fit.

Anyone have any information to the contrary.  I personally can't see why the IOR Tactical or Leupold Mark 4 rings wouldn't work.

Thanks.

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2004 at 12:10

It is a standardized rail system that a ton of rings should fit fine.  I think there must have been a disconnect in the emails.

ranburr

Edited by ranburr
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2004 at 17:55

on a picatinny rail, any weaver style rings will mount on it, but for a tacitcal rifle, spend the money for the badgers they are THE BEST.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
PABLOM1A View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLOM1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2004 at 19:17

Thanks guys.  I thought there must have been a misunderstanding.

Hey Redneck, not disputing that Badgers are the best, but what is it exactly that makes them better?

I'm iron sight M1A shooter and this is my first tactical rifle.

Planning on getting a Super Sniper 10x42m on it.

Which rings?

Thanks again.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2004 at 19:22

badger ordnance rings have a perfect fit, because in a set of them, they are both made in the same mould, so they fit perfectly, and not jsut moulded, and thrown in a tub like leupold, and most others do, and they are the stronhest, and alot of people will back me up here. as for the SS10x42, its an excellent choice. rongs for it, i would get the max 50's, and i want to say standared height, but chris, or somebody else can better comment on ringt height for that gun.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
PABLOM1A View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLOM1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2004 at 19:36

Hey Cory thanks.

Okay. SS scope and Badger Max 50 rings.

It has an adjustable comb, so someone else was recommending Medium height.

Any other thoughts??

Paul

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2004 at 13:11
I would get it as low as possible and only raise it if it did not fit me.  Unfortunately this can only be determined by trial and error.  Standard height Badgers will get it as low as possible.
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2004 at 13:40

Hey redneck, Burris rings start off as a solid piece of steel that is machined until it becomes a ring.  And the top and bottom of that ring stay together (facing the right direction), throughout that process.  The only thing that I do not like about Burris rings are the ones that come with the plastic inserts.  Too gimmicky for me and I have never had them line up right. 

ranburr

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2004 at 06:07

I would go medium height Badger's. The standards may work, but the mediums would work no doubt. That's what I run on my Rem. .308.

I saw the Tikka tactical Saturday @ a store in Charlotte. I was impressed. The Sako/Tikka sales rep say's they will shoot sub moa out of the box.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2004 at 06:09
Originally posted by PABLOM1A PABLOM1A wrote:

Any other thoughts??

Paul

Yeah, I want that PMII sitting on that weapon!!

Edited by cheaptrick
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2004 at 16:06

hmmm... ranburr, i think im going to try out some burris rings some times, that sound nice.

cory

RMsniper View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2006 at 07:25

I have just purchased a brace of T3 Tacticals one in .223 in 20" and a 308 in 24" after selling my prized AI AW.

I have a S&B PMII 3x12x50 to put on the 308 and a US Optics SN3 Tpal to go on the 223.

I am correct in assuming the rail fitted is a 0 moa unit and not a 20 moa ?

If so i will be fitting the 20 moa scope mount from Accuracy International that fits the AI AW .338 and hanging the US Optics direct to the rail with Badger ones i had kicking about with no 20 moa step up (the US O has a good enough adjustment to get me to 800 yards out of the box)

Any comments are welcome, i collect these 2 rifles in a few days and looking forward to getting em zero'd in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2006 at 11:31
Originally posted by RMsniper RMsniper wrote:

I have just purchased a brace of T3 Tacticals one in .223 in 20" and a 308 in 24" after selling my prized AI AW.

I have a S&B PMII 3x12x50 to put on the 308 and a US Optics SN3 Tpal to go on the 223.

I am correct in assuming the rail fitted is a 0 moa unit and not a 20 moa ?

If so i will be fitting the 20 moa scope mount from Accuracy International that fits the AI AW .338 and hanging the US Optics direct to the rail with Badger ones i had kicking about with no 20 moa step up (the US O has a good enough adjustment to get me to 800 yards out of the box)

Any comments are welcome, i collect these 2 rifles in a few days and looking forward to getting em zero'd in.

Boy, I don't know if the Tikka has a canted rail or not.

I have seen a few up close, but I don't remember. I think they were 0 MOA

Picantinny style rails though.

I can't say enough good things about your scopes!

Luck you.

How much elevation does the PMII have, Bro?

Nice, nice rifles!!

Smooth action and Sako barrels. Hard to not like that combo.

Welcome to The OT, if I have missed you before.

Please post pics of your new lady friends when you can.... 

RMsniper View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2006 at 12:35

Cheaptrick. Thanks for the kind words.

I happened to brush against this site by pure accident when i was looking for info on the rails (for some reason Sako/Tikka dont supply that most important of info in the catalogue or brochures on th picatinny rail) so a few assumptions are going on here. Like everyone who orders a new rifle (or 2  ), i am looking forward to taking delivery. I ordered them on Saturday the 27th of this month and i will be at the shop tomorrow to chase them up.

I have had a few Sako's in my time and have always been impressed with the quality and accuracy, so i am taking a leap of faith with the Tikka's.

As for your questions, the S&B PMII has (if i remember without going to the cabinet to get it out) is 7.5 Millirads or Approx 25 MOA The scope i have has 13 increments divided into 5 each then 2 clicks per division.This particular scope was fitted to my Accuracy International AW and has the AI reticule developed for the UK Royal Marine snipers and was something i was familliar to using and thats why i purchased it when i came into civiie street from HM Royal Marines.

The US Optics has a higher MOA internal adjustment and i have not fitted as yet to a rifle, i was going to fit it to my custom Remington 700 .223 but i sold it at the same time this weekend as my Accuracy International. Its down to our ludicrous law that we have to sell the rifle, clear the slot on our licence by returning it to the authorities, they then give you permission to purchase new.....phew what a load of bollox

On a side note....im looking to put the right scope on a 1906 Springfield 30-06 circa 1943, she is the Lyman Match (i believe thats what its called) so ill need the right mounts...any ideas?

I will post some pictures of some of my rifles if your interested....they include (and yes i love my 2nd WW rifles)

Lee Enfield 303 No4T 1945

Lee Enfield 303 No1 Mk3 1926

Springfield 1906 30-06 1943

Moisin Nagant 1945 Carbine

K98 from the Obendorf Factory 1940 (not a russian capture rifle)

G22 Walther bullpup with aimpoint holographics

Rossi 357 / 38 UL rifle

Ruger Old Army 45 cal pistol (for a laugh)

Ruger super red hawk LBR

Ruger 17 HMR synthetic all weather with a S&B 8x56

And now 2 Tikka T3 Tacticals when they arrive

+ a few shotguns and other odds and sods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2006 at 16:25
Originally posted by RMsniper RMsniper wrote:

Cheaptrick. Thanks for the kind words.

I happened to brush against this site by pure accident when i was looking for info on the rails (for some reason Sako/Tikka dont supply that most important of info in the catalogue or brochures on th picatinny rail) so a few assumptions are going on here. Like everyone who orders a new rifle (or 2  ), i am looking forward to taking delivery. I ordered them on Saturday the 27th of this month and i will be at the shop tomorrow to chase them up.

I have had a few Sako's in my time and have always been impressed with the quality and accuracy, so i am taking a leap of faith with the Tikka's.

As for your questions, the S&B PMII has (if i remember without going to the cabinet to get it out) is 7.5 Millirads or Approx 25 MOA The scope i have has 13 increments divided into 5 each then 2 clicks per division.This particular scope was fitted to my Accuracy International AW and has the AI reticule developed for the UK Royal Marine snipers and was something i was familliar to using and thats why i purchased it when i came into civiie street from HM Royal Marines.

The US Optics has a higher MOA internal adjustment and i have not fitted as yet to a rifle, i was going to fit it to my custom Remington 700 .223 but i sold it at the same time this weekend as my Accuracy International. Its down to our ludicrous law that we have to sell the rifle, clear the slot on our licence by returning it to the authorities, they then give you permission to purchase new.....phew what a load of bollox

On a side note....im looking to put the right scope on a 1906 Springfield 30-06 circa 1943, she is the Lyman Match (i believe thats what its called) so ill need the right mounts...any ideas?

I will post some pictures of some of my rifles if your interested....they include (and yes i love my 2nd WW rifles)

Lee Enfield 303 No4T 1945

Lee Enfield 303 No1 Mk3 1926

Springfield 1906 30-06 1943

Moisin Nagant 1945 Carbine

K98 from the Obendorf Factory 1940 (not a russian capture rifle)

G22 Walther bullpup with aimpoint holographics

Rossi 357 / 38 UL rifle

Ruger Old Army 45 cal pistol (for a laugh)

Ruger super red hawk LBR

Ruger 17 HMR synthetic all weather with a S&B 8x56

And now 2 Tikka T3 Tacticals when they arrive

+ a few shotguns and other odds and sods

Well, were very glad you came by. Make yourself at home.

Yeah, I have owned a Sako rifle before myself.

A M75 SS in .300 Win mag. A true joy to own and shoot.

That rifle shot crazy accurate with hand loads.

The Tikkas are nice, but I'm not crazy about the plastic magazine.

Not a big deal, but the Sako I owned had a metal magazine and I prefered that.  

Sounds like your weapons arsenal is in very good shape.  

The S&B PMII's are very nice indeed. I'm quite sure that the US Marines that are fortunate enough to have these scopes are "living in high cotton" as we say here in The States.

I have also owned a S&B Pro Hunter w/ a lit L7 reticle that was a wonderful performer.

But I'm partial to the USO's, after having a SN-3 3.2-17x44mm w/ an EREK knob, ERGO adjustment, (I'm a lefty and prefer this to your TPAL), and a MOA Reticle.

Add to the fact that USO is an All American company and John Williams III has treated me very well.

Suffice to say I was more than a little disappointed for USO when the Marines opted to go with the PMII instead of the SN-3.

I'm sure the Marine's chose the S&B because they felt it was the best scope to equip our guys and kill bad people. I can live with that.......I guess.

So, your a former Royal Marine then??

Excellent. Look forward to your posts.

No idea on the scope mounts for your Springfield.

That was actually the first high power rifle I ever shot. It was a sporterized version, but still had the original peep sites.

Feel free to post as many of your pics as you care to here.

Regards,

cheaptrick.

NickT3 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickT3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 17:26
I believe the rings on mine are just Burris ones, they work fine, fired many rounds and they never come loose. (300 win mag)
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2012 at 19:43
what about Seekins? hard to beat for 120
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic