OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Meopta Meostar R1 4-16x44-Best for the $?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meopta Meostar R1 4-16x44-Best for the $?
    Posted: October/31/2007 at 14:28
hey guys,  been a while since i've been on the forum.  i found a meopta meostar 4-16x44 silver scope for $525 brand new from an authorized dealer.  is there a better scope for this amount of money out there.  i am going to put it on a remington 700 LVSF .204.  this seems like a great deal and i want to stay in this power range for this gun.  thanks!!

Edited by fwinn
don't try to change me, just accept me for who i am
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2007 at 14:51

I have that exact scope with mid dot reticle (really more like mil-diamond).  The glass is very very good and you'll be hard pressed to do better for under $800, much less $525.  This is my second Meopta Meostar (another 4x16 44mm; sold it to buy another rifle) and both have been excellent with regard to reliability, tracking, glass quality, and overall fit & finish.

Go for it!  You won't be disappointed!

For what it's worth, I know SWFA offers a "110% low price guarantee".  Why not see if they can meet this price?  Our host here offers excellent service and are in the business of selling scopes!

fwinn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2007 at 13:41
anyone else?
don't try to change me, just accept me for who i am
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2007 at 16:23

Originally posted by fwinn fwinn wrote:

anyone else?

http://www.opticstalk.com/search.asp?KW=Meopta&SM=1& SI=PT&FM=0&OB=1

Try a search, Brother. There's several old Meopta threads around here.

rogn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2007 at 06:10
Ive got one with the mildot on a bnch 6.5-284 which is used for 600 yd comp. I dont get to shoot enough to be proficient as I once was but am able to compete successfully with those useing NFs, Leups, and many other brands at greater powers and dollars. The resolution is fantastic and this helps make up for the lower magnification. The clicks are as precise as Id want at exactly 1/4" at 100yd.My son shoots  at 600 with the same scope on a mouse gun and is successful in his class. As a matter of fat due to malfunctions on a pair of N scopes I bought 2 more 3-10s and one is on a Savage 50 muzzle gun  and the other on a 7mm WSM. Work great in the twilight periods, clicks are just as precise. The currnt price of $525 is a great one. Dont forget the dollar is weakening so all import prices are going up. rogn
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2007 at 07:37

i have a 56mm w/ a #4 reticle and it's very good. i would buy another meostar in a second.

J

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2007 at 09:06
Originally posted by jonbravado jonbravado wrote:

i have a 56mm w/ a #4 reticle and it's very good. i would buy another meostar in a second.

J

Hi Jon

Just tried to send you a PM and your inbox is full. Got a question for you. Could you PM me with your email addy?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic