OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Did I find a good deal on a Swarovski??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rquack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did I find a good deal on a Swarovski??
    Posted: October/30/2007 at 20:23
I went into the local branch of the chain outdoors store today and found a Rem 700 in .270 Win with a 3-12x56 Swarovski Nova scope on it. They want
$1k for the pkg. Gun is 700 cdl, used, 90-95% condition or so. Scope has ring marks from a previous mounting on a short action rifle evident and a
couple of small [what look like] paint chips in the finish about 1mm in diameter. Optics appear good, but what can you tell inside a store?? Adjustors
seem to move freely. Scope does not have AO. 30mm scope barrel diameter. So what do you think?? Is this a deal?? or should I pass it up??
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2007 at 05:20

Well looking at some on-line firearm auctions the Remington 700 CDL goes between $600-$800 dollars.  Doing another online search the Swarovski Nova scopes were listed at around $700-$800.  So over all if both are in good shape I would think that is a good deal.

Happy Shooting

AC

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

rquack View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rquack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 17:43
Well, I did it and bought the scope and rifle combo. After a bit of fussin' around with some load development, I got a 3/4" group using Nosler BT bullets; good enough for
hunting. Can't wait to try this setup out in the woods at dawn and dusk. This is my first go around using high end optics so I'm anxious to get back out hunting this year.
[Unless you count the custom stocked Rem 700 7mag I got my son-in-law for a wedding present, with the Zeiss 4.5-14x44 on it. Come to think of it, I gave away a better
setup than has ever resided in my own vault.]
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2007 at 12:17
You did very well.  You could make money if you seperated them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic