OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Optic Reviews and Tests > Member's Tests and Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scope for a Rem. 7mm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caribsol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scope for a Rem. 7mm
    Posted: October/26/2007 at 08:09
I just purchased a Rem. 700 7mm mag. I'm looking to buy a scope for this rifle. It will be used strickly for hunting. I am currently looking at a Nikon Monarch UCC 3.3 - 10 x 44. Mainly because it looks like a good deal @ SWFA (just under $290.00) I am also looking at the Meopta Artemis 3000 3-9x42. I don't know that much about the Meopta, I have a Nikon on another rifle and have been pleased with it over the years. Please make suggestions as to other brands. I am looking for the best bang for my buck. Thanks for all the input.  
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2007 at 08:17

The nikon would be a good fit - but meopta makes some fine glass.

also consider sightron, burris FFII, and Bushnell Elite 4200 series.

i think whichever one that fits your eye better would be fine.  eye relief is a big factor for a 7mag.

make sure you have enough.

reticle is a big factor for me - the #4 reticle is a great hunting reticle for deer/elk sized game.

good luck and welcome to the OT.

J

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2007 at 10:33

JB is dead on here, optics are subjective, everything he mentioned is also likely inline with what everone else here would recommend as well.

I also like the Millett Buck Gold series, but the Bushnell 4200 for the money, is the best glass, and fantastic coatings for the outdoorsman.

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2007 at 12:56
ditto on the 4200-- great glass, Rainguard, and priced right
TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2007 at 15:56
+1
We refuse to compromise our quality for pricing.
100% USA Made.
caribsol View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caribsol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2007 at 13:04

Ok so I have a concern with the Bushnell 4200. Eye relief ! 3.3 inches where most of the other scopes suggested are more than that. I live in an area that doesn't realize that there are other scopes out there besides Leupolds. Its hard to find some locally. I did get to look at a Bushnell 4200 and compared to the nikon. I liked the Bushnell just not sure of the eye relief. I noticed that the Buris Fullfield and the Sightron SII bigsky have beter relief, but can't get my hands on them. Is the Buris fullfield as good as the others listed? It is quite a bit cheaper.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2007 at 13:38
I have had no problems with mine at all, 300 win mag, hot loads, got whacked when I was hugging the scope not even a bruise though. It only happened once, and that was my fault. I'm pretty sure you'll find 3.3 plenty once you get used to it. practice your cheek wield, and shooting posture and you'll be fine, It's not a 375, or a Rigby 416
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2007 at 12:37
Zeiss has a real nice 3x9 conquest on sale....
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2007 at 04:33

The Zeiss Conqest would be a fine choice, as medic stated. Better yet is the 3-9x40 Bushnell Elite. At $260 it is a best buy in rifle scopes. Excellent glass, trim dimensions and a good warranty. Shouldn't need that, though.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-7280-185-bushnell-3-9x40-elite-4200-r ifle-scope.aspx

http://www.swfa.com/showproduct.aspx?sku=5214609920

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic