OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swift vs. burris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandon327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swift vs. burris
    Posted: October/25/2007 at 23:00
Which one is a better scope? I am looking at swift 4-12x50 1 inch tube, 3-12x56 30mm tube, or a 3-9x50 30mm tube. In the burris i am looking at a fullfield II in 3.5-10x50. It will be going on a 300 SAUM.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2007 at 11:03
HMMM That depends on the intended application, and your budget of course. Can you be more specific ?
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2007 at 16:52
the swift replacement policy is kick ass, and im not sure how they would hold up to a magnum, but i can see why it wouldnt, the burris isnt a bad choice either, i have one on my 300wsm, and havent had any issues with it, i would like to replace it with a zeiss conquest or a kahles kx though.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
brandon327 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandon327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2007 at 00:17
Well just to say how the swift holds up I have 3 of them. I had the first one on 7mm rem mag for about 5 years and no problems. Then i put it on  a mzzeloader. I have one currently on a 280 handi rifle and on a 300 saum. I am thinking about replacing the one on the 300 saum and out the one on it on my new 444 marlin handi rifle. I would realy like to spend $200 - $300. but at least less than $400 though. This scope will be sighted in for 300 yards on the 300 SAUM.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2007 at 07:52
bushnell elite 4200 or nikon monarch for that kind of money if you went the full $400 you could get a zeiss conquest, of course it would only be 3x9 but the first two i mentioned you could probably get something closer to the powers you wanted for the amount you want to spend.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2007 at 17:20
I have a couple burris scopes and really like them.  I would suggest going with the sig select in the burris, but that will run closer to $400.  The fullfied IIs are decent for the price though.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
BobH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2007 at 20:09
I don't have a ton of experience, but I have a Fullfield II and am very happy with it.  I only have 3 scopes, but here is what I have noticed.  It is definitely better than the Bushnell I have (head and shoulders) but to my untrained eye, it is not significantly behind the Zeiss Diavari I have.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2007 at 21:34
wow, my new buckmaster is a lot brighter than my 5 yr old fullfieldII but thats just me, i think you would find that in the right situations the diavari would be a clear winner in any contest between a ffII.they just arent comparable
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2007 at 09:33
Guys Pyro is on the money here. The conquest is a solid buy, next would be the 4200 elite.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic