OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zos scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrismtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zos scopes
    Posted: October/24/2007 at 13:35
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has ever used/ looked through a Zos scope. I would really like to know how good the quality of the optics are.
Thanks,
Chris
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2007 at 13:37

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2018&PN=1

previous discussion on Zos scopes

Duce 

Duce
chrismtl View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrismtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2007 at 18:16
Originally posted by Duce Duce wrote:

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2018&PN=1

previous discussion on Zos scopes

Duce 

The only prob with that article is that there are no first hand witnesses. They all just say it looks like a leaper, and that for 50 bucks its crap. No one has looked through them, or tried them.
On top of that, that article is 2 years old, and some people may have tried them out since then.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2007 at 18:25

Welcome to The OT.

No offense intended nor implied my friend but, several well informed people in that thread Duce provided told "Karl" to bypass that brand of scope. I'd keep searching if I were you. 

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2007 at 18:48

It does look like they are rebadged Leapers. An airgun dealer told me to ditch the 6x42 AO Leupold on my magnum spring gun for a Leapers. The Leo would be destroyed..........sure.

Comments on this forum about cheap Chinese optics are one thing you can take to the bank, IMO. I've looked through Leapers and the contrast and brightness are what I expect for the money, poor.

If you buy one get back with us. I would like to here another first hand account.

chrismtl View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrismtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2007 at 19:47
From what I've heard, the chinese army uses these scopes, otherwise I would never even have looked at them. as well, if you look at the site zosscope.com, the model I am looking at is being sold for over 200 euros. thats around 300$ U.S.
My main problem is that no one on these forums has ACTUALLY looked through these scopes, and I don't really want to find out in a few months, after I have bought another scope, that zos scopes actually have really good optics. I don't really want to base my purchase off of what people can see from the outside look of a scope.
seraph21 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seraph21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 20:18
save your money and put it toward a bushnell elite or an swfa super sniper.ZOS scopes are junk!I bought one and it doesn't hold its zero and the turrets are backwards.Im waiting on a Konus to come in now.Based on the reviews I've seen it should be worth the money.
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 20:58
Chris,
Actually, I HAVE looked through the Zos' at several gunshows throughout the South. The ones I have seen typically sell from $79- $300. They are not very clear, and have a very short eye relief.
They are identical to the cheaply made but overpriced Osprey's I see and compare them to at the same shows.
Some look to be Chinese made, while others look like some of the older Communist bloc series scopes.
 Everyone has their likes/dislikes. If you like what you see in these scopes, by all means, get one/some. Bear in mind, myself, and the other guys on this sight are very knowledgeable on the subject of optics, and would rather see you spend your hard-earned cash on something of more quality and reliability. Just name a price range and you will get the best help on the planet here, and Chris Farris certainly has great prices and THE BEST service.
Derek 
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 21:50
Buy what makes you happy. I've looked through the low end ZOS scopes on gun show tables and....... well I could see further with it than without it, but I'd never buy one. 
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2010 at 20:50
IMHO- Iwould stay with a reputable brand, something that you know has a good reputation.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic