OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

To USO or Not to USO????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To USO or Not to USO????
    Posted: October/22/2007 at 23:00
Folks (Colloquial greeting):

Recently reviewing this site I see a number of posters asking the inevitable questions about S&B vs USO and/or shouldn't I or should I.

Here is the advice of a long term user:

If you have to ask then don't bother! SWFA and others offer a myriad of choices that will do an excellent job and at much lower cost.

Secondly, if you look at either site and then feel you really want one, then you will do what you have to do to acquire said scope. I personally looked at S&B and USO (Both are excellent optics), but decided not to send my work offshore. You may differ.

One of my rifles:

OLD SCHOOL

NEW SCHOOL

Edited by Critter
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2007 at 08:12
I agree - mostly.

As a long-time fan of USO, I have now compared USO and S&B side-by-side and have lost some enthusiasm for buying a S&B.  As someone here said before, if you cannot tell a difference between USO and Bushnell or Millett, buy the cheaper scope; you are either very lucky or very blind.

That's a very tall base, necessary for the slope indicator?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Critter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2007 at 08:49
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

That's a very tall base, necessary for the slope indicator?

No, that base is the USO clip slotted 20 degree base for use with MST-100. Rings are for 34mm Canadian Metric TPAL (Lit)

PS: regarding your other question, LILJA #7 pattern 3 grove 1/9 26".

Edited by Critter
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2007 at 09:29
Understood; however, the weapon will not be in your possession as you do that proving/describing.  It was just a friendly word of advice.  We live in a screwed up world, just trying to save you a potential difficulty.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2007 at 11:28
dying to know what that "other" question was.
Critter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2007 at 13:24
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

dying to know what that "other" question was.

Just some detail regarding the picture.
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 03:05
     Nice looking M40A3, who built it for you?
spreader View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spreader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 18:14
Critter,

I think you sent some of your money offshore anyway. Unless a new American optical glass factory has miraculously appeared that is supplying the glass to US Optics :)

Critter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2007 at 04:51
Originally posted by spreader spreader wrote:

Critter,I think you sent some of your money offshore anyway. Unless a new American optical glass factory has miraculously appeared that is supplying the glass to US Optics :)

Oh, that hurt. Schott right through the glass. Wow!

Yes, but if Leupold is a US Scope manufacturer, then so is USO and Loopy toots that one pretty loudly, although some of their BINO's and spotters come floating in over the transom from the ornamentals.

Schott me!

Edited by Critter - November/28/2007 at 04:54
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic