OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS 20x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savgm12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS 20x42
    Posted: October/21/2007 at 18:17
My wife bought a Super Sniper  20x42 for my birthday , it didn't come until a couple of days after but thats no big deal. When I took it out of the box and looked it over it looked like a real nice scope, when looking through it , its nice and clear and I really like the rear adjustment for paralax but there is a small black spot about half the size of one of the mildots at about 11 o'clock inside the scope. Has anyone else run into this? I'm about half tempted to just keep it instead of sending it back if it won't be a problem. Thanks for any info.
Graysteel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graysteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2007 at 21:34
Once in a while scopes get a bit of debris in them during manufacture. Often it is a bit of the light absorbing coating used to coat the inside of the scope. It isn't a real problem, but can be annoying. From what I hear SWFA is pretty good about making things right if there is an issue.  I have 4 of the Super Snipers and all are great. 

Edited by Graysteel
tenguage View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenguage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2007 at 11:27
If you don't send it back it will become more and more noticable and you will wish you had done it in the first place. By then you will already have it mounted and zeroed in.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2007 at 16:30

Originally posted by tenguage tenguage wrote:

If you don't send it back it will become more and more noticable and you will wish you had done it in the first place. By then you will already have it mounted and zeroed in.

I agree with "tenguage", ten fold. 

Send it back now and save yourself the trouble later.

As an aside, I had the same deal with the debris on a scope that cost $1700....

It happens to them all, my friend.

Just contact the good folks @ SWFA and they will give you the skinny on where and how to send it..

Ask for "The Optics Goddess".........

Welcome to The OT.

Edited by cheaptrick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic