OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

questions about Bushnell 3-12x56 Trophy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: questions about Bushnell 3-12x56 Trophy
    Posted: October/20/2007 at 23:39

ok ive got a question  about this bushy scope.  ive looked through an shot a couple of rifles with the bushy trophy scopes on them. and i liked the scope it was really nice clear good image. now this is the one im looking at http://www.swfa.com/pc-9861-198-new-bushnell-3-12x56-trophy- rifle-scope.aspx i noticed before i clicked to bring the page up. it said its got  Illuminated EU reticle but i cant seem to find a pic. and bushnell said its got the multi x reticle on there home page.  is this scope ok  ive got me a Savage 110 .243 and i plan on doing some coyote hunting. now  should i ge this scope or  the bushy trophy with the mildot system. ?  i cant seem to find much more info on this scope here . should i get 3x9x40 or a 50 ?? well any help whould be thankful. 

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2007 at 08:26

I have a Bushnell 4200 4-16x40 that I really like. It has very nice glass however it is 1/8 moa but the knobs are finger adjustable. I like a 40 or a 50mm as they seem to be more compact but the 56mm objective does have an advantage when it comes to exit eye pupil at higher powers so I can see where this would really be useful for coyote hunting. 3-12 is a really good choice of power range so I think you would be very happy with that scope. And to get one with an illuminated reticle - nice bonus. I say buy it!!!!

PS  be patient it likely isnt even in stock yet it's so NEW.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2007 at 10:10

well the power range and the  lighted reticle i liked. i kind of figured the power range is about what i want. today i go an test fire the new gun an see how it works. i got it from a guy i know that works at a pawn shop. an he says if i dont like it i can take it back. ive shot a  savage 243 before an loved it  only draw is that it does not have the accutrigger system. but i have a savage  22 lr an a savage 17hmr without accutrigger. and i whould not trade those  guns for anything.  but  ive seen that scope  an was wondering about it i thought it might be a good choice.  just trying to figure out some more info on it.  i know trophy scopes are good  i know they have a nice clear image. there is another trophy im looking at. 3x9x40 and its got the mildot reticle not to sure if it be wise to  get that or not.  i figure 150 yard hsots are the longest id ever take around where i hunt at. but please feel free to comment and ill let people know how  the gun reacts.   

also if this scope is not in stock  yet when will it be  any ideas. it will be another 2 weeks before i can get a scope. 

an the truglo scopes how are those??

CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2007 at 14:24
ok the experiance i did not like at all.  so  i got this  243  for a good price an took it out today an shot it.  well  i shot a round  through it emptied the   hull. dad rechamberd a round shot it    we set the gun down. went an looked at the target came back emptied the empty hull  chamberd a new one  the gun goes off.  so needless to say this  rifle will go back to the person i got it from.  this is my first used gun ive bought an  it had to happen to me.   so   i will just buy a new  243  savage 110  with the accutrigger. but that was my day and my experiance 
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2007 at 21:31

Originally posted by CD82 CD82 wrote:

ok the experiance i did not like at all.  so  i got this  243  for a good price an took it out today an shot it.  well  i shot a round  through it emptied the   hull. dad rechamberd a round shot it    we set the gun down. went an looked at the target came back emptied the empty hull  chamberd a new one  the gun goes off.  so needless to say this  rifle will go back to the person i got it from.  this is my first used gun ive bought an  it had to happen to me.   so   i will just buy a new  243  savage 110  with the accutrigger. but that was my day and my experiance 

If the rifle actually fired upon closing the bolt, with no finger contact on the trigger, it needs to go to a gunsmith, before it goes to an inexperienced shooter who may kill himself or someone else. It probably just needs a trigger adjustment. Not really a big deal for a qualified gunsmith. You need to take it in and make certain the work gets done. You can worry about who's going to pay for the work after the gun is made SAFE!

CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2007 at 22:00
naww im taking the gun back to the  pawn shop.  i just landed a sweet deal on a brande new 243 traded even. i traded a 44 mag snub nose rossi. plus the new rifle has  the accutrigger systemw hich is what i wanted .  if all else fails and  they wont give me my money back on the  rifle.   then ill get it fixed an sell it  
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2007 at 19:50

Originally posted by CD82 CD82 wrote:

naww im taking the gun back to the  pawn shop.  i just landed a sweet deal on a brande new 243 traded even. i traded a 44 mag snub nose rossi. plus the new rifle has  the accutrigger systemw hich is what i wanted .  if all else fails and  they wont give me my money back on the  rifle.   then ill get it fixed an sell it  

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but you REALLY missed the point of my post.

If I were in  your situation, I'd like to think that I would shrug off a few dollars gained or lost if I could prevent a tragedy. If the pawn shop manager won't cut the price on the defective gun by enough for you to get it repaired and working safely, I doubt that he would have any qualms about selling it to some unknowing kid, either. I know we can't all go running around saving the world, but this one is pretty clear cut to me. AT LEAST document the serial #s and hold his feet to the fire to inform whomever eventually buys it, that the rifle is unsafe as is.

CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2007 at 20:14
its taken care of  i got full refund on the rifle.  i got the numbers  written down an he put do not sell sticker on the rifle. gona take it to the gunsmith 
CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2007 at 22:41

ok well  i fired my new 243 today an love it the accutrigger system i love. but the scope on it is poor its a cheap simmons blazer 3x9x40.  so  i did some looking today an found a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x50 loacaly  in a store. for 250$ and its got the fire fly reticle an i am impressed. but i dont know if i  need a  50 or not how well do the 40s work. if i did get it i whould get the scope from here  cause it comes with a free flashlight.   an the 40 here is 199 an academy dont have a 40.

but im also still looking at the  bushnell trophy 3x9x56  IR as i spoke about in the first post i did here. 

im not too sure  now ive looked thorugh bushnell trophy scopes before but not a lighted reticle bushnell trophy.

how well do the elite 3x9x40 attract  light in low light conditions?

ill be hunting some hogs an some coyotes with this  rifle an  sometimes shooting paper or other targets. but nothing like benchrest competition or  nothing like 800 yard shots or anything.  but im still debating on to  get the trophy or the elite.

Smokey53119 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey53119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2007 at 22:52
Pass the 3200 up and get the 4200 3-9x40.  They are about the same price and the 4200 is clearly superior to the 3200.  The 40mm will be fine
CD82 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CD82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2007 at 00:05

so a 3x9x40 4200 firefly is the same price as a 3200 firefly reticle??     cheapest 4200 i see is  259 but its not firefly reticle its just the  3x9x40 an its the same price as.  the 3200 3x9x50 firefly i can spend about  200 or so is all i dont make much an bills  kill me. im having ot save out of 2 checks as it is now.

if the 3200 is the only thing i can afford  are they worth the price.  especily the frefly for doing some coyote hunting or hog hunting.  which infact i need to find a place to do some hog hunting here localy heh anyway.     

Edited by CD82
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2007 at 06:38

go with the best that you can afford, If ya have ta save for another month or two to move up in quality, shoot your other rifles for a little while.

The 3200 is ok glass, but the 4200 is leaps better.

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic