OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Is The OT Anti Leupold???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:04
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

thats part of the hook too, teds sex appeal to lure in the ladies and my ability to talk about stuff that i really dont know much about its destined for glory and awards i can see it now.

Between those two strong points, I think this show will really need me in it as a counterbalance

ILya
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:06
Koshkin your essential as the optics guru, jees who else here knows what you do, and is objectively honest ?
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:09

Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Koshkin your essential as the optics guru, jees who else here knows what you do, and is objectively honest ?

VERY true....

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:15
Thank You gentlemen.

I was just pointing out that my part would be talking about something I know about and having no sex appeal.  I think I can handle that (especially the latter).  I am warning you though: if Ted asks whether the camera is making his posterior look big, I am walking .

ILya
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:17
That would be Cheap ask that question, the thong thing ya know ?

Cyborg
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:19
I do not mean to be difficult, but if there is a thong on the set, regardless of whether Ted or Mark is wearing it, I am walking.  I lived near West Hollywood for three years.  There is a reason I moved.

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:22

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I do not mean to be difficult, but if there is a thong on the set, regardless of whether Ted or Mark is wearing it, I am walking.  I lived near West Hollywood for three years.  There is a reason I moved.

ILya

We like to refer to it as "metro sexual".......

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:23

ILya

Duely Noted

West Hollywood huh, jees the visions that must haunt you, my sympathies friend.

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:26
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

ILya

Cyborg
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:42

I am wondering why we did not go straight to Leupold owners wearing thongs several pages ago...

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2007 at 17:48
 Yikes, nikon owners in thongs is enough

Cyborg
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2007 at 00:35

ILya

Hey, I do want to keep this a family friendly show...

...however, I see nothing wrong with oiling up and putting on some of those leather chaps with the @ss cut out and taking a few tasteful photoshoots for the show promo!  You know, sell sex just enough to lure the viewer in so they see there really is some substance to the show, not just beefcake!  I do have an introspective, thought-provoking side to me, underneath this ruggedly handsome exterior!

Ilya, we welcome you to the show.  But first, what brand of nipple cream do you prefer?

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2007 at 00:37
Apparently I moved away from West Hollywood in time, since before today I was blissfully unaware of such a thing as nipple cream.

ILya
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2007 at 06:18
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

ILya

Hey, I do want to keep this a family friendly show...

...however, I see nothing wrong with oiling up and putting on some of those leather chaps with the @ss cut out and taking a few tasteful photoshoots for the show promo!  You know, sell sex just enough to lure the viewer in so they see there really is some substance to the show, not just beefcake!  I do have an introspective, thought-provoking side to me, underneath this ruggedly handsome exterior!

Ilya, we welcome you to the show.  But first, what brand of nipple cream do you prefer?

I have a very good and vivid imagination, this is well. It's not sitting well.

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2007 at 06:22
Hey Ted they make a crack cream as well

Cyborg
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2007 at 08:07
Now back on track. I really think that Leupold can stand up to the heat of scrutiny, they make some great products that hold up quite well.  That is not to say that other competitors dont also make good products because competition to make better products benefits  the end user as there is always room for improvement. I just wonder when we are going to see digital come to rifle optics like it has to photo and video. I have seen a photo of an elite chinese military unit with helment mounted view monitor and a digital weapon mounted camera which would be really handy to hold the rifle around the corner and shoot accurately while remaining conclealed. When I look at the zoom ability and low light ability of a video camera - I am amazed at what it can do and they dont cost that much. I have to wonder why riflescopes are still in the previous generation of technology.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
razerface View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razerface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2007 at 21:15
ahhhh!! I'm gonna be rich!   

For sale: new bumper sticker. Black with gold ring outline around edge.
 In middle it says

"All my other rifles have Leupolds"

$25 ea
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2007 at 03:42

Big Squeeze,

The reason for the 8 shots on the Barbary ram, and a few other missed shots on the same hunt, were due to a shot out barrel and an ill-fitting stock. To make a long story short, this is an inherited rifle and it was my first hunt using it.  Not all 8 shots missed, otherwise it would still be running!!! Yes, I did shoot it in before the hunt and got so-so groupings. Sentiment got the better of me and I used the rifle anyway. Since that day I have only spent money on it. New barrel, new stock and I am still waiting for a new trigger.

Or maybe it was the Leupold scope on top.......?????

Right now I am still struggling to get 200gr Nossler Part to stabilise. I am about to give up. (I am posting this problem under Reloading).

Where do I place an order for the sticker, Razerface?

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2007 at 11:08

Originally posted by razerface razerface wrote:

ahhhh!! I'm gonna be rich!   

For sale: new bumper sticker. Black with gold ring outline around edge.
 In middle it says

"All my other rifles have Leupolds"

$25 ea

Sorry but we already sell those.

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2007 at 13:57
Friends don't let friends drive Leupold's........grin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic